Saturday, September 09, 2017

Revisiting Soon

As the school year was ending I did the below blog post:

http://homewithmommy-fran.blogspot.com/2017/06/soon.html


 Soon I will be crying as my 3rd grader is about to start school again. Just a little bigger!!! Too big for my taste! The summer might start soon. But, it's not long. Time goes fast. It's fun and tiring.

Usually, I get frustrated with Zach over the summer. We spend so much time together. Sometimes, I need the quiet. Sometimes, we both need space.

My goal is to not get frustrated this year. Instead, I want to cherish it! Cherish all that extra time with my angel! Cherish the person he is and every hug he has for me. Cherish every laugh and every smile. Cherish every lap he'd rather do with me in the pool instead of being on his own. Cherish watching him swim.

Because these are memories I want to carry with me. He's having a great childhood. I want to enjoy it too!!! I want to wrap myself in these memories. Hold on to them forever. Tell my grandchild about them someday.

Because when that leaf falls in September and the pool closes for the season, he will be just a little bit bigger. Just a little more independent. Just a little less interested in hugging him Mommy. Just a little bit older.



The pool is closed. Our summer routine has ended. My Angel is back in school.

Now he is my 3rd grader.

Now he is lust a little bigger. Too big!!!

Now he is more independent.

Now he is just a little bit older.

But, he still is very interested in hugging Mommy :). He surprises me with hugs all of the time! It lights up my day. I did cherish most of my time with Zach this summer. We had a lot of fun. It was a cold summer. I feel like we spent the whole summer waiting for summer to start. But, we still had fun.

Parenting alone in the summer is hard. Josh works at least 60 hours a week. It's a lot harder with a processing disorder. Already my brain has trouble processing all the stimuli it takes in. When Zach's around all the time, that's a lot of extra stimuli to process. It was tiring!

But, we also had a fantastic summer. I went down a pants size! I haven't been a 10 in swimsuits and 12 in jeans in years!!! What's the secret? For me, I stopped drinking anything bubbly. I switched from 1 coke at lunch to 1 iced tea (Peach Snapple). I also drink a little more water.

As I got a little smaller Zach go a little bigger. In general he got bigger. But, he did need bigger shoes for the first day of school! His smile has gotten bigger too.

Now there is a new list of soons.

Soon the hot lunches will start at school.

Soon it will be picture day.

Soon we'll be buying a halloween costume that makes me long for my 1 year old leaf pile. (below)

Soon we'll be voting for Phil Murphy!!!

Soon we'll be shopping for christmas gifts.

Soon we'll be eating a lot of big meals with family.

Soon Zach will be trying out for the spring travel baseball team.

Soon it will be my birthday.

It wasn't a perfect summer. Bad things happened too. Zach got stung by a bee for the first time. He also didn't make the fall travel team. We hired someone Josh works with to coach him this fall. It's going well. Nothing is perfect.

That's not true. I only know one thing to fit the definition of perfect...............Zach's big smile.

My Leaf Pile

First Day of 3rd Grade

The Perfect Smile. I get it every day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment