Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Soon

Zach's last day of school is on Friday. He's officially down to 12:30 dismissals. This week was full of a class trip to the police station, game day today, and little by little bringing home the contents of his desk.

Soon he will no longer be a second grader.

Soon he will get his report card.

Soon he will know who his 3rd grade teacher will be.

Soon it will be the actual first day of summer.

Soon we can go to the pool during the week.

Soon the water will be warm enough to swim in!!!

Soon Zach's summer program will start.

Soon it will end. It's really short!

Soon we will go on vacation to our favorite vacation place.

Soon we will see the Despicable Me 3 movie :).

Soon he'll be driving me crazy from too much time together!!!

Soon I will be crying as my 3rd grader is about to start school again. Just a little bigger!!! Too big for my taste! The summer might start soon. But, it's not long. Time goes fast. It's fun and tiring.

Usually, I get frustrated with Zach over the summer. We spend so much time together. Sometimes, I need the quiet. Sometimes, we both need space.

My goal is to not get frustrated this year. Instead, I want to cherish it! Cherish all that extra time with my angel! Cherish the person he is and every hug he has for me. Cherish every laugh and every smile. Cherish every lap he'd rather do with me in the pool instead of being on his own. Cherish watching him swim.

Because these are memories I want to carry with me. He's having a great childhood. I want to enjoy it too!!! I want to wrap myself in these memories. Hold on to them forever. Tell my grandchild about them someday.

Because when that leaf falls in September and the pool closes for the season, he will be just a little bit bigger. Just a little more independent. Just a little less interested in hugging him Mommy. Just a little bit older.

One step closer to drifting away from me. Someday, I will miss the summers he spent by my side. Because that's when he'll spend the summers working and with his friends. There will be a day I hardly see him! These are the memories I'll cherish the most.

With the first leaf falling, what is soon at the moment will be over. And a new "soon" list will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment