Monday, June 25, 2012

Body Image and Me

It doesn't take a lot to realize I have low self esteme. I always have. Sometimes I like myself sometimes all I see is "not quite right". I just read this article:

http://www.lifescript.com/soul/self/well-being/10_ways_to_improve_your_body_image.aspx?utm_source=aol&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=soul&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing8%7Cdl12%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D172588

This is what the first thing says:

Write an “I Like Myself Because…” List
First, write down 10 things that you like about yourself without referring to your body or appearance in any way. Include things that you’re good at, or various ways you’re proud of yourself. Then, after this list is done, make another list of 10 things you like about your body and appearance. Depending on your level of self-loathing, this might be hard to do at first, but just do your best and add to the list later when you think of something else.
 
Here I go:
 
Good at and Proud of myself
 
1. Good Cook
2. Good at caring for those I love
3. Good at Decorating
4. Proud of my self for my cloths collection and getting it just right
5. Proud of my Parenting
6. Good at managing the home
7. Good at managing the finances
8. Proud of my Decorations
9. Good at Gardening
 
The only thing is my thinking while writing this is mostly luke warm. Yes I'm good at this stuff but there are always people a lot better then me at these things. It seems like whenever I talk to someone about something I'm good at they either are or know someone who is better at it then me. I don't truly feel accomplished at anything and even when I work very hard for something often feel like it's still not good enough.
 
Like About My Appearance
 
1. My eyes are pretty (big blue eyes I get lots of compliments)
2. I have nice legs
3. I like my thin fingers, it's the only thing on my that's still small (a 3 1/2 ring finger) I loved that about the eating disorder, shoking people with my small size
4. My thin arms
5. My thin neck
6. My size 6 feet that didn't even grow during pregnancy (it's actually one of the ways I try to talk my self out of that second child we can't afford, what if my feet grow?)
7. I like my thick hair
 
Nope. Not gonna be able to think of anything else. I can't get to 10. My hair is too dark, belly is too big, height is too short (petite bottoms are so hard to find basic nice ones sometimes). I have a big nose and as for my boobs.....that depends on the day sometimes I like them, sometime I even love them but a lot of the time I don't like them.
 
 
That link is for the eating disorder quiz. You do have to give personal contact info for the results though.
 
 
 How do you usually feel when you eat?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment