Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Work With What You're Given

That's another Frannyism

http://homewithmommy-fran.blogspot.com/2012/05/frannyisms.html

Frankly, It's the only option. You can't expect to be able to use something you don't have. You can't plan on something that you're not sure will be available to you. You can only use the resources you know you have.

It's hard NOT to want more then you have. More sometimes makes things easier. More money does. A bigger home means more room and more personal space. I used to be jealous of Josh's cousin for having things I want but can't have. Including being a teacher back when I wanted to be a teacher and wasn't getting any offers. I wanted a daughter and a son, her oldest is a daughter her middle child is a son. And she has a house. But her life isn't perfect either, I just don't know the part that isn't great.

That's how I cope with jealousy, not everything is perfect so there are things in that person's life that they wish were different too. It's human nature. I'm still genuinely thrilled for everyone. Good things are happening for them, major life events to be celebrated. I had all of those I will be having since apparently there definitely won't be another. I won't be celebrated. My mom even tells friends coming to my birthday dinner not to bring presents. I can't even be celebrated then. Long ago my brother, who I see at least once a month, decided not to exchange gifts anymore. I'm jealous and thrilled when good things happen for people especially friends and family. Working with the blessings I have been given usually brings me joy but it is hurts to know there won't be new joys in the future.

The Father's Day show at Zach's Preschool. It was a Dad's and Grandpa's only event. This was the after party.


No comments:

Post a Comment