Friday, June 23, 2023

Now You See .......... End Of Sentence.

     So, I got glasses. Genetically, this could have gone both ways. My mom started needing glasses all day everyday as a teenager. My dad's story is closer to mine. When he was about 40, he was getting nervous. He had his eyes checked and the doctor told him. "You don't really need classes. But if you want them for reading get them off the CVS rack here's the lowest prescription they sell. To this day he only wears glasses for reading. He's 76. He might even still be using the same classes prescription as he started with. 

    I am 42. I hadn't gotten my eyes checked in decades but sometimes told me just to get checked. I'm 20/30. Nearsighted and only need them for driving. The doctor was on the fence about it. If I was under 40, he probably wouldn't have bothered. He made it clear the ONLY time I need them is when driving. 

    Zach has had glasses for a year. He is excited about them. I wore them driving him this morning for the first time and he said it felt safter. I first put them on and said, "I didn't think anything was blurry before but, I do see clearer." Zach laughed because that's exactly what he said when he first got his glasses. 

    When I was in school, the school nurse would do an eye test and always send me to an ophthalmologist just to be sure. After a few years, the ophthalmologist got confused. "Do you want glasses? Why do you keep coming?" Because the nurse told me to. 

    Zach and Josh have a great ophthalmologist. I feel comfortable with him and in his office. It was worth getting tested again. I am over 40, it's been a while, and I knew I would be comfortable. I also knew I was about my dad's age when he got glasses, so I figured it was worth it. 



2 comments:

  1. you do know when it is time. I didn't realize that Zack was driving. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zach's not driving yet. I need the glasses for driving.

      Delete