Wednesday, June 28, 2023

I Wrote A Book!

 Amazon.com: Feeding Family: From my table to yours, traditional and new recipes for all day, all year, holidays, and special diets eBook : Schroeder, Fran, Schroeder, Zachary: Kindle Store



Above is the link to the book I wrote and self-published. It's a cookbook called Feeding Family: From my table to yours, traditional and new recipes for all day, all year, holidays and special diets. I have been thinking about writing this since January. 

I have collected a lot of recipes over the years, modified in my notes so I can eat them. I have also created a lot of recipes too. When you have certain foods you can't eat, finding recipes can be difficult. As an example, I watched "Guys Grocery Games" and "Beat Bobby Flay" on the Food Network over the past two days. I wouldn't be able to eat anything that was made based on ingredients! 

So, I went ahead and wrote and published the cookbook. I have recipes for busy weeknights that are realistic. I've read a lot of cookbooks. When a professional chef writes a cookbook, their "weeknight easy", "quick meals", and anything else like that are forgetting the chopping time. They are also complicated and have a lot of ingredients. 

My book also has affordable meals, classic recipes, family recipes including Christmas cookie recipes. Zach took the pictures. He had a lot of fun with that. I have a chart in the back for measurements. It's for if you want to cut the recipes in half or double it. 

To get the fall pictures we went a whole week pretending it was fall. We pulled out the fall linens and make the regular meal plan for fall. In the back of the book are all of my seasonal meal plans. It also has baby food recipes. 

I am glad I did this. It's funny, recently someone read my blog post, "Me At 40". So, I re-read it. We still lived in the condo back then. I was certain I wouldn't have any more big, good things happen to me. I assumed to house and no career accomplishment. Yet, here a sit, just under 3 years later. In my house as a published author. I like to think of this as a hidden gem book. When someone stumbles across it, they enjoy the find and share it. Taking pride in being the one to discover this great cooking book. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fran! I know this is such a long shot but I wanted to try!
    You posted a blog a while back about the keller charles Beach plate and I wanted to see if there's anyway I could purchase yours? I had one that meant the world to me given to me ages ago by my mum and has helped me through some really tough times, I'd use the plate and feel like I was at home in my childhood kitchen again. Anyways long story short it shattered the other day and I've been trying so hard to find a replacement and the best thing I've found was your blog post! I am so happy to pay any shipping and whatever you feel it's worth to you!
    Please please let me know, thanks
    so much for your consideration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much still use mine! Those plates were true treasures! I came across plates that looked similar in style the other day. It wasn't Keller Charles. But they had that beach painting thing going. Not certified international. It was either Amazon.com or Replacement LTD. I was looking for the melamine version of my everyday dishes. Summer Breeze by Pfaltzgraff. I'm hoping this is helping at least a little. It sounds like it's the memory you cherish the most. I bet your mom was as wonderful as mine! You might not find the dishes. But there might be a serving tray from Keller Charles on Replacements.com that will help.

      Delete