Thursday, September 03, 2015

With Zach's First Day

Zach is in school right now. What makes that something new is that it's 1:15pm. It's not just his first day of first grade. It's his first full day of school ever. He was excited and a little scared. But was smiling all morning. We got the 10/12 sized shirt for when he grew. I let him wear it today because it's new and special to him. Somehow, it looks like it fits!

 
Playing before school

A coaster I made him. In case he misses me at lunch
 

To cope with my emotional roller coaster I added knitting to my hobbies. I had the yarn, the rest isn't so bad. I only got a pack of needles for the yarn I use and one instruction book. The online video and Annie's Catalog pages helped. Now I can do the cast row and the knit stitch. For me, it was surprisingly easier then I anticipated!


Cast row

row 1, Knit stitch




row 2 knit stitch

I miss him. I'm about to have lunch. But, it feels weird that he isn't here. August is a long month and I need to miss him. Most of our morning routines remain the same as last year. But, after school will be different. It was fun seeing him finding his friends again. A couple of them he didn't see this summer. It's the 2nd year of the most important 13 years of his life. We both have things we will learn through great teachers and practice.
 
But we will both be better off knowing what we are learning. It's important for him to see me try new things. It's important that he sees me try again when I fail. It's important that he sees me practice. Because those are all important life lessons.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment