Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Pizza Omelets

Have you ever realized how many things go great in Omelets or as pizza toppings? With school getting closer I haven't been in the mood for cereal for breakfast. So I've spent the last half hour mentally going through what we have that can go good with an omelet.

Mushrooms
Peppers
Onions
Sausage
Pepperoni
Tomato
Basil
Scallions
Spinach
Broccoli
Bacon
Ham
Pineapple
Multiple types of cheeses
Salsa (on top)

Unfortunately, we don't have any of those in the apartment right now. I know some of those things don't go on a pizza. I'd imaging salsa would taste weird on a pizza. Scallions might work on a pizza, but I haven't seen a pizza with scallions on it. They aren't listed in local pizza places as a topping option.

In fact, the only classic pizza toppings left off that list are black olives, meatballs, and anchovies. Both can go in an omelet, but probably wouldn't taste as good in an omelet. Maybe an anchovy omelet would make good hangover food. I smell twisted pregnancy craving!

When it comes to omelets and pizza I like them both plain with cheese. But I prefer something with it. Favorite pizza combos in our place include:

Pepperoni and Mushroom
Sausage, Pepper, and Onion
Pepper and Onion
Sausage and Mushroom
Ham and Pineapple

Favorite omelets include:

Scallions
Tomato and Basil
Mushrooms
Cheese with Salsa on top
Pepperoni
Pepper and Onion

Both pizza and omelets are fun. They start off basic, but are fun to explore different combinations with. I know there is a lot more you can put on a pizza then in an omelet. There is a lot more listed in our pizza place's menu. That includes eggplant or penne vodka. Other places have their own combos. I just stuck with the basics for this list. There might be things I left off of the omelet list. Perhaps I mentioned an option you haven't tried but sounds good. I wonder what a ham and pineapple omelet would taste like? Creative food is fun and yummy!

Now it's time for that bowl of cereal :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment