Saturday, March 14, 2015

Luck

Is it luck?
Is it God's plan?

I do think some people are luckier then others. It's part of God's plan. In my experience, even when I feel very unlucky, God makes sure we're okay. Sometimes, it's too 'nick of time' for my comfort. But He always comes through. Maybe we are luckiest when we feel the most unlucky.

This year, I suspect, is a mix of both God and luck. I am lucky to be living in this town I grew up in. I am lucky to have the best kid ever. I am lucky to have Josh and my parents. They are an incredible support system. But God is definitely a part of it.

We'll never have another kid. Recently, I started asking myself "why did I want two in the first place?" I couldn't answer that. It's been a reflex to want two since I was four. But I can't answer the question "WHY?"

I've asked God "why?" before. I've asked Him "why?" after each miscarriage and each passing month of the two years we tried to have Zach. I asked Him "why?" every time since Zach turned 3 that I look at the budget spreadsheet. But God's plan for my life is unfolding.

I'm not getting a second child. But, for the first time, I'm at peace. Another child would mean we'd have to move. This town and the people in it provide comfort for me. One child means I get to stay here. The more I can't answer "why did I want two?" The more I only want Zach.

We are lucky in small ways each day. Perhaps you found a coin on the ground. Perhaps you get the last of an important item in the store. Perhaps you get a surprise coupon from a stranger that you can use.

I do that all of the time. If I get a coupon I won't use at the store, I give it to the cashier and tell them to use it on someone who could. One lucky woman behind me in line one day got that nice surprise. It was a Shop Rite bakery coupon and she was buying cookies. You never know when that extra $1 or $2 will make a difference for someone.

I'm one lucky Irish chick!

My Irish heritage blog post from 2011:

http://homewithmommy-fran.blogspot.com/2011/03/yes-were-mostly-irish.html

No comments:

Post a Comment