Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Zach's Birthday

3 years ago at this time I was holding my son who was less then an hour old. Visitors were in the room and there were nothing but smiles, including on Zach who didn't take long to flash that dimple! I won't talk about the labor, this year. Besides I think I already did in another post. No one cares anyway. I'm sure there are some people waiting for me to retell it in the post I announce another pregnancy. If there is another pregnancy at some point, I will. Since there are still friends that are convinced that will be the case at some point. Reminder, it took 2 years to get pregnant with him! Even if we do start trying this would probably take a while.



After 3 miscarriages though they couldn't take him out of my arms easily at the hospital. I had Gestational Diabetes so they had to test him for Hypoglycemia every few hours the first few days (all good). That meant periodically he went with Daddy back to the nursery. But even in the middle of the night that first night as a mother I couldn't sleep. I waited too long to see what he looks like. Too long with the deep and unfailing desire to hold the title "Mommy". I shared him with family and Josh did the diaper changes (I had fainted twice due to too much blood so I basically could only go to the bathroom and even that had to be watched carefully. I lost so much blood my count was 70 and a normal rate is 1,600). But I could hold him and feed him.

"Kisses from Mommy because Mommy loves you" as I kissed him. At 3 months old he was open mouthed bobbing against my cheek. He was teething so I thought he was trying to bite me then I realized "Kisses from Zachary because Zachary loves you". I'm the first one he kissed. At 3 months he understood love. And at 3 years he understands love on a different level. Every day he talks about how "You will always be my Mommy and I will always be your Zach" and all the love he gets and gives.

His party was Sunday and his two friends, Nieko and Cole, came. There was a craft. "Crowns" were the stuck stickers and foam pieces to construction paper and used markers or crayons to color. They all enjoyed it. Other outside games included the crocodile seesaw, the red cozy coupe, a couple of beach balls, and a ball pit. This was my idea. When I ordered the stuff for his goody bags from Oriental Trading (so doing that again!) I got a set of 12 small beach balls and I blew them up and put them in his blow up pool. The theme was Picnic Pool Party and the goody bags were beach ball totes with a beach ball water bottle and a beach pail with a rack, scoop, and shovel. They each took a ball from the pit home too.

I pulled out my Preschool Teacher skills here. Man I look Pregnant! That's only okay if you ARE pregnant. The older kid is Giovanni, Nieko's 7 year old brother.


It bounced between raining and looking nice so every time it looked nice we moved outside and each time soon after it started to rain and we all moved inside. It was at my parent's house and a good thing is they are well prepared for this. The food was basic picnic food: sliders, grilled chicken, pasta salad, bruchetta, veggie platter, and green olive wraps. Josh's Mom made a really cool cake though. She discovered at Easter that Zach likes Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars so she made a cake in the shape of a Hot Wheel and had cup cakes around it with real Hot Wheels on top for the kids to play with. She likes making these specialty cakes and it looked awesome!!!



Today he woke up to a surprise. Before today he received most of his birthday gifts from us. The silver curtains, his Green Robe, a fish beach ball  (used at the party) his lunch box, and a book. Today we had for him a kit of blow up beach necessities (a ball, a raft, a tube and swimmies). He had a left over cupcake for a post-nap snack and his favorite, breaded chicken, for dinner. He also got to visit Grandma and Pop for a while and do favorite things there. He's navigating Daddy Time as I write this.

In school they had a muffin making party. We had to provide the Betty Crocker just add water mix (2 packs chocolate chip 1 pack blueberry). He wore a special hat and his classmates drew pictures for a birthday book for him. He had so much fun!

I still battle with wanting another one especially since it's been so long since he's been a baby. This is a rough battle. I'll save that for another post. This is all about that child I held and couldn't let go of 3 years ago. Some things never change.



No comments:

Post a Comment