Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

Sorry, I've been too busy Mothering to write about Mother's Day. But it was great starting on Friday. Zach's school did a Moms (& Grandmas) and Muffins Mother's Day Play (There's a Dad's and Doughnuts equivalent in June). His first ever school play!!! I had noticed for weeks that his class finished the day in the 4 year old classroom which is out of view of the observation window that's in the waiting area. I asked what's going on back there and he just said "reading". Then two weeks ago one of the 3 year old teachers, Eileen, said they will be putting on this show. That's when Zach told me about it and said "I'm a bear!" He had taken the bear ears off by the finale (pictured below). They were based on books so he didn't lie when he said "reading".




My Mom came to the show but Josh's mom had physical therapy and couldn't make it. He was a cute bear! His class was the last class to do their part. He didn't cry, or say his lines. He just stood there looking around. His teacher, Allison, has a son in the class and her son was the only one who hugged her, wanted her to hold him, then ended up sitting with his father. Zach looked at him like "are you okay?" He finally got into it in the 3rd and final song of the finale unfortunately this inconsiderate lady kept her hand on her hip blocking my view of him with her arm and elbow (if it was at her side or in front of her I would have seen him). It was very crowded and very cute but it also was exhausting for Zach! He refused lunch and kept saying "I'm tired take me home to sleep."

Grandma and Pop babysat that night so Josh and I had a special date night. Once a month we go to Applebees but it's the time of year where my parents go to their vacation home most weekends (now until mid-October, it's heated). Aunt Sonny used to babysit some on Fridays but her serious boyfriend is an Accountant and now that tax season is over my hopes for getting a Friday night alone with Josh until November are very very very slim (with the execption of when I argue with my Mom about it for my birthday and she ends up caving in in that "I hope you know what I'm sacrificing for this you better appreciate it" kind of way. I always do appreciate it but she should offer and the fight should never happen and she would be doing the same thing she had been doing every weekend for months so it's not a sacrific). We'll get weekday date nights but I'll still cook for those so it's not the same. I really cherished that date night.

Saturday was normal but beautiful so I took some walks. With one exception. Our church was taking family portraits and the last one (excluding my wedding) we had taken was when I was a Junior in College. It was time. Zach was uncomfortable until Mommy pulled out her trick, "DUH!" in a goofy way (exaggerated). We took total family, Zach with Grandma and Pop, and one with the three of us.

On Sunday, I usually make blueberry pancakes and since Josh can't cook he got us bagels. We did Burger King for lunch and a fantastic dinner with my parents. My dad made grilled chicken salad and my mom made bruchetta. We ate outside and it was wonderful. After dinner we went to visit Josh's Mom. For both Mom's we get garden flowers every year. Josh's Mom loves ladybugs so we got her White Daisies. They attract ladybugs. They are a big hit so we'll just get those every year. My mom gets Begonias. I used to go with her but our schedules don't match anymore so starting this year I'll just give her the cash. She planted them on Mother's Day.

Zach did choose a shirt for me from Kohl's, the kind I like. He's been observing that I have a lot of shirts and is starting to figure out the details of my how my seasonal wardrobes are organized. I couldn't use it in my regular wardrobes but I have a set of spare shirts just in case I need one so I put it with that. I usually wear those when cleaning or if I spilled something on my regular shirt of the day and that shirt is being washed. The real important part was being with my family and everyone being so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment