Monday, September 19, 2011

My Birthday

As I said previously, this past Saturday was my birthday. Actually, Thursday through today all seemed like a birthday celebration. I'll take you day by day.

Thursday: I had been having issues with a couple of JC Penny orders placed August 24th (ivory cable sweater St. John's Bay) and August 26th (Brown coat also St. John's Bay the Microsuede see below). As of September 6th there was no guarantee when they would arrive in the store but I had spent over two hours on my cell with the Catalog trying to get them redirected to my apartment. For those who don't know: it's free shipping if sent to the store but they are a stickler for that and though they rarely make exceptions, they almost did here. The local store is in a flood zone and Irene took them out for a week. On the 6th, the new store manager had done a return for the sweater since they had some in the store even though I changed my mind and said I'd just wait (it's for Spring anyway). The next day the sweater arrived and the day after (the Thursday before this past Thursday) the coat came. When I went to get the coat, I noticed the return but not the re-charge for the sweater. I already received 10% back on both items. So this past Thursday (the 15th) I went to the store to talk to the Manager again. Susie had been quick to call me back before but it had been a week. I talked to the Assistant Manager, David and after telling him what happened I said, "You can charge me now for it or I can go downstairs and shop. My birthday is Saturday". He thought her lack of response was weird and that she probably was going to ignore the sweater thing because hardly anyone would have told her about that. He said, "consider it your birthday gift enjoy shopping". I got the same sweater but in black to go under my Halloween sweatshirt. Buy one get one free!!!


This is the buy but this in the Ivory was the free it's a V-neck Cable


It's really a dark chocolate color but I had to take it in the dark. It's the St. John's Bay coat. I needed a light weight winter coat for Fall and planned to go to Burlington but they had black and I really wanted the dark brown for fall. Truth be told I had admired this for two years so I readjusted the budget and in the end got a fantastic deal on it. It's what I really wanted so I am glad I didn't settle.


Friday: Josh took off as a gift for me. That night, Josh and I had a very special Applebee's date night. Everything was as close to perfect as possible. My parent's babysat.

Saturday, the big day!: I cooked breakfast but we had saved for Wendy's for lunch. Dinner would be at my parent's. Josh gave me that coat from JC Penny's. It replaced one with a hole in it. Dinner was great. Appetizers were green olive and cream cheese wraps and bruchetta. I love those wraps. I love the bruchetta too but I've had them a lot this summer so I skipped them. Dinner was stir fry, yum and dessert was brownies, ice cream, and strawberries. We had my cousin, my Uncle, and family friends Rishi, Umang, and Saumya. Umang is pregnant and due in early December. Saumya is three so after half an hour of her and Zach sizing each other up they played very well together. You can tell the minute the brownies kicked in because they ran more and talked louder. It was wonderful.

My Mom had said no presents but it's a birthday party, you bring presents. Sonny and I (my cousin) had agreed on no more presents a few years ago. Uncle Len gave me cash in which we went to Kohl's so Zach can run off the brownies and I got two gold chains. They are really sterling silver normally $50 each on sale for $20. I already am using one. I need spares because my chains break a lot. Rishi and Umang are Indian (from India) and they had been there recently. Actually, Rishi had come back from India. They got me a beautiful hand beaded purse with a zipper which is apparently rare. If I collected purses this would be the crown jewel of my collection. My parent's gave me the camera and my replaced cell phone. The phone isn't fancy, it's not a smart phone and was the simplest they had, at my request.

20" length. The shorter ones feel too tight
This is the Cell Phone


Updated version of the one I love that I had gotten for Christmas the year I was pregnant from Josh's parents


Special Indian purse. I guess technically Rishi and Umang are "Indian Givers" but not in the "took it back" sense.


Sunday: Armed with a little birthday cash I got a plum sweater at Kohls that I call Midnight Purple. It was a beautiful day I did a lot of walking, 9 miles total, including the tour from the last post. That night, I got more cash from Josh's parents.

This too had to be taken in the dark. It's a darker purple, more plum in person



Monday: With all the walking I have been doing I decided it's finally time for an ipod. I just needed some music for my walking. I took the cash from Josh's parents to Target and got myself an ipod Shuffle ($49.22 total tax included). I downloaded what I needed and took a walk tonight. As I saw people I took the earphones out to chat. I enjoyed having the music.



Just my own music for now but I really like it. P.I.A. to set up though

I still have some cash left over for one of those stressed out days when I need retail therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment