Friday, January 07, 2011

A Car For Mommy, A Class for Zach

Starting in November my mom started to pressure me to join a Mommy and Me Gym class at the Y. I kept responding that I refused to inconvenience her any more then necessary with borrowing her car (see post, No Car for Mommy). Well eventually I caved and Zach had his first class this past Tuesday. He's one of the youngest, most of the ten kids are two and he's 19 months (the class is for 18 months thru 2 1/2). Not long after it started another Mom mentioned to me that my zipper was down, after class the desk handed me my driver's lisence which had fallen out of my pocket. In between was a lot of fun. Zach refused to participate in any of the group activities but enjoyed doing the different things, blocks, trampoline, tubes, slide, and he liked the various walk on things too. It was just a taste of the themes for the upcoming weeks (7 more). He started off alone but then found three boys to hang with. By the end he played with all the boys and two girls, the other girls he stayed away from. It is a wonderful thing and I'm glad we are doing this.

When we were done we went to my parent's house for lunch and the car return. As I had suspected from finding research in my Mom's office that was wide open they announced my mom got a new car making the car I had been borrowing MINE!!! This is fabulous since we plan to join the pool over the summer and it means we can go any day it's nice. It also means I'm no longer trapped and I'll be like normal Mom's when Zach starts school. My Mom did better then expected with her Non-Profit consulting business this year and probably got tired of me needing the car for doctor's appointments when she would have liked to be able to use it. She likes her own space and it has been incredibly generous of her to share with me for the sake of necessity and sanity. She got a fabulous deal with Ford's year-end clearance on a 2011 Model of basically the same car but a little cooler.

We had to get a car seat so they could keep their since Zach is fun to shop with and they want to have that as an option. I got the same one we have had for a year in Josh's car (from when Zach grew out of the carrier). The Safety First Alpha Omega Elite which as for as I can tell is the ONLY ONE that can be rear, forward, AND BOOSTER SEAT!!! with  the other car seats you have to at some point purchase a booster seat that averages the same price as a car seat. This was $159.99 (regular $169.99) and a one and only time purchase that we can reuse. I had a coupon so it was $139.99 plus tax (all prices are from Babies R Us). Mommy has her life back and Zach is cool being along for the ride. He always loves to move. Here is a picture of Zach with Grandma from Easter 2010 (9 Months, 4 Weeks, and 2 Days).

No comments:

Post a Comment