Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Kid On Christmas

We celebrate the 12 days (or Epiphany) as we're not technically done with Christmas yet, the 6th is the last day. This is a good thing since after a while Zach got overwhelmed on Christmas day. Since all of our families are in town, we open our presents here, then after breakfast go to my in-laws, the finish with my parent's on Christmas morning. However, he got his presents from his Aunt Sonny and Aunt Lisa (and family) on Christmas Eve.

The excited shriek with all the big presents were funny. He even gasped with opening the Little Tikes Classic Red Cozy Coupe car from Aunt Sonny (my cousin but they are close). Only half of the paper was off when he got that excited. That morning he had opened a couple of books and a Little Tike's Tool bench from Aunt Lisa, Cousin Sammi, and Cousin Michael (Josh's sister and kids). Uncle Hugh (my brother) assembled the Tool bench which is a big hit. There even was an Elmo book that's one of those create it with the kid's name in it books. That Thomas Ride on is by far his favorite.



After he went to bed I assembled a toy from us, the Thomas Ride on (with balls that pop out). Santa gave him a Island of Sodar mat for his Thomas trains. He had Thomas and Percy and got as stocking Stuffers James and Gordan. He really likes Thomas and Friends. He got a nice mix of other toys and books from family. For the 12 Days from us it's 11 Days of clothing items we would have had to get anyway and a Mr. Potato Head (Playschool). He opens the cloths then hands them to me so I can wash right away. When the dryer buzzes he runs them to his dresser.

He's not lacking for toys though thanks to family. In October I spent time on the Toys 'R' Us website http://www.toysrus.com/ making a toy list. I copied and pasted pictures, names, prices, descriptions, brand, and the web address for ten toys (three remain). He got a lawn mover with bubbles (the bubble part for the spring, a shopping cart, a drum, a Megablocks table since he loves his megablocks and a Cash Register. I looked in the 18 months+ or the 2+ range. He's 18 months now but in the spring some of the 2 things he might be able to use before his birthday. The brands I focused on were Little Tikes, Playschool, and Fischer Price.

Josh and I did well too but my favorite part is watching people I love open the gifts I choose for them. Josh is more of a "that's nice" kinda shopping helper. Lisa said, "You have the best taste I always love what you choose." That was a huge compliment since I take this seriously. What's heading my way for all the 12 days is my spring shirts. Last year's spring wardrobe wasn't that great but I put together shirts that are great. The only non shirts are a pair of lazy pants to match my Lavender and Pink shirts and a Lavender sweater. This year also includes Mock necks since last Spring I didn't have them and felt like I wasn't prepared for cold days. I am very excited about this. Josh is getting colored Hanes PJ shirts (with pockets) since he needs them in winter, Birch Beer (4), and other odds and ends he likes. Overall Christmas continues to be great for all of us. I hope Christmas was great for all of you too.

In case it's not obvious by now yes I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Not the kind where I need to turn the lights off 50 times before leaving a room but an organizational kind best exemplified by my wardrobee as I've discussed. Fall and Spring Shirts have 5 regular sets, 1 spare set (for stains on the regular set) and 1 Holiday set each. The shirt types are Tanks, Short Sleeves, Long Sleeves, and Mock necks. For Summer and Winter there are 7 sets, 1 spare set, and 1 holiday set. The Summer Shirt types as Camisoles, Tanks, and Short Sleeves. The Winter shirts are Short Sleeves, Long sleeves, and Mock necks. Fall, Winter, and Spring all have two sweaters to match each set and Summer has one. I try to choose colors that are season appropriate. 

Confusing I know. I tried to get you into my head but it's not easy to describe without pictures of seeing them all layed out on the bed. I didn't even mention the colors for the seasons. When the decorating day season changes I look completely different. Josh says it's one of the things that make me interesting. He'll never get bored with my appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment