Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Time

My mom still has last year's christmas cards out. It was odd to see on Halloween! Now, I am thinking the same thing I always think during the Halloween hangover. Where did the year go?

Time can pass slowly or quickly. I think most of the time, we aren't really aware of either. Time is passing as we keeping going. Sometimes rushed. Sometimes we have time to kill. Either way, I have been thinking a lot about time.

My cousin is about age 29. He gave Zach his Xbox 360. For my cousin, time has passed. He's too busy to use it. The games don't challenge his strong mind. He's long past college and slowly transitioning to 30. He has other interests now. We keep it in my dad's office. My old bedroom. It's where Zach stays when he has sleepovers with my parents. It continues to be used and appreciated.

Zach also got a watch a few weeks ago. For learning time management. It may have been a month ago. Too much time has passed to remember. The amount of time doesn't matter. What matters is that he is great at time management. When he remembers his watch.

Every Halloween we try to recall his costumes. I did a post somewhere that has all of his Halloween costumes. Except this year. He was Steve from the video game "Minecraft". Gotta love Amazon!!! Last year and this year I found it to be the best place to find age appropriate costumes for him! He's a hard size to find things in for his age. Big Boy Large (14/16) but small (8) bottoms.

Now, the focus is on Christmas. This time I am taking my time with Christmas shopping. Most years, I get it done in October. But, in November and December I find myself continuing to shop anyway. So this year I am going little by little. We are in good shape with christmas gifts. But, have wiggle room if we need it. So if I stumble across something good at a good price, we can still get it!

Time is also showing in a couple of my favorite necklaces. I've taken them to a jeweler to clean up the stones. I got the first one back and it looks brand new. I look forward to seeing the other one. He doesn't charge that much to do it and this means I don't worry about if it's getting done correctly. When it's time to wear them, I know I will smile!

Garden season is almost done. The nights are getting colder. The mums from August are mostly gone. Tomorrow it will be warm enough for me to cut the perennials down and pull out those mums. Along with other dead plants. Soon, my mom will ask me to do the same at her house.

Didn't we just plant those flowers? Time has come and gone in the garden. Soon, I'll get the greens for the pot outside. And the wreath for the door. But, I have some time before I do those things.

 Don't forget the short enrollment time for the healthcare marketplaces!!! They don't give you much time to do it in!!! But, it's important to fit in if you need it!



It's also almost time to vote for Phil Murphy for Governor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November is a time when time is extra important. It's a "fit things in" time of year. Because time is running out for 2017. So much to do, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment