Friday, May 19, 2017

Stalking Deliveries

I'm a mail and package stalker. I'm right there, sometimes before they make it to my door. It could be UPS, FedEx, Amazon, or the mail lady. It doesn't matter. I'm there with a smile! If I catch them in the delivery, I thank them.

But, it doesn't start there. Thanks to the internet I check my order and shipping status several times a day! I know the next hub coming even when the customer service people don't! If it's taking 6 days to leave the warehouse after the label is created? You are getting a call and better have a good answer!!! I don't expect it to arrive, yet. But, I know where it's supposed to be!

The mail lady always greets me with a smile. She knows she is making my day. I think it makes her day too. Knowing she is making someone happy. I hope it does.

The same was true for our old mail man. This town is so small there are days he'd deliver my parent's mail in the morning and mine that afternoon!!! He's their mail man now. I still enjoy seeing him in the neighborhood.

I might be bringing it to extremes, but I'm not the only mail and package stalker. It's exciting! Something you are waiting for is arriving! Even if the mail has something stressful in it, it might also have coupons!

I do order online a lot. Most of the time stores are too crowded for me to be comfortable in. It's ironic. Companies are closing stores because of reduced traffic. Yet, they are still generally too busy for me!

They also are more likely to have what I am looking for online only. I buy what I can in the actual store. But, things like Zach's sneakers have a better selection online then in the store. The same is true for my size 6 shoes!!!

I do have some stories of errors. We all do. Shipping isn't a perfect process. That's why a lot of companies will refund shipping costs if there is a problem. But, in general, things go smoothly. I set things up to receive alerts when possible.

Our apartment is hidden away. You park in a circle but can't see the apartment from the circle. Zach and I both tend to meet deliveries in the circle. They always smile when they see us there. Hopefully, our excitement wears off!

Yes, I am a delivery stalker. Including food. But, a lot of people are. I think package deliveries are more exiting then regular mail. My guess is most people agree with me. It's fun to come home and see the package there. If I'm home when it's expected, I am probably spending a lot of time either in the doorway or looking out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment