Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Pray For Me

I have recently joined a couple of Episcopalian groups on facebook. One is for Liberal Episcopalians and the other is for any Episcopalian. That second group asks us to leave politics out of the conversation. They are full of prayer requests.

1. medical
2. emotional
3. promotions
4. finding a job
5. selling a house
6. guidance through a life challenge

Most of these posts are vague. But, the tone is always urgent. Some are for something small, others are for something big. It doesn't matter what the request is. The responses are always fill of supportive prayers and words.

This is the prayer I use when I pray:

God, I pray for everyone. We all need healing, hope, guidance, and support. Any prayer needed, I am saying it now. I also want to thank you for all of the blessings in everyone's life. Amen.

That was a very popular post. A few days later, I posted a prayer request. I felt bad because it was something small. I was in strong physical pain and wanted it to stop. Sure enough, not long after the prayers started coming, the pain went away!

One person said "There is someone on here who prays for everyone." I responded "LOL that was ME!!!" Giving and receiving that much support is good for the soul.

It's been fun seeing pictures of all of these beautiful churches and hearing from so many different people. I also am stumbling across others from my diocese.

Liberal Episcopalians on facebook was created after Trump's election. I'm not the only one that needed spiritual guidance after that. It's always comforting to be around people who feel the same way you do. It's a nice and safe place.

I like the idea of faith based facebook pages. I am learning how things are done differently across the country. Communion was an interesting topic with a lot of variety to the discussion.

For me, these pages help keep me focused on my spirituality every day. Something I love!!! It helps me get through the hard things. Seeing what's going on.

Pray for me? I'll pray for you. I pray for everyone. It might not seem like a lot, but it's all the help I can provide. If you ask me for a prayer, I've already given it. If you need a prayer, a religious based facebook group is a fantastic place to start.

Pray for you? Always. I know you will pray for me too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!I just discovered your blog and I read several posts. You really present the struggles of parenthood and spirituality well. Zach's problems with going to school reminded me of our middle grandson, who is six and already marches to his own drummer.

    I also have two blogs: Woodstock Churchlady, about religion and spirituality, presented, I hope, with humor and Meet the McDonalds, a fiction family sitcom with an Episcopalian twist.

    ReplyDelete