Friday, January 27, 2017

Writer's Block

 If it's not obvious, I've been struggling lately for a good blog post. I think most of what I have written recently isn't bad. But, I could have done better. I really wish I did a better job on the one about the women's marches ("Can You Hear My Voice This Time?"). But, these are the posts you get when I have writer's block.


Here are a list of ideas I've had but didn't write:


1. God's Phone Number (1-000-luvpeace for example. What would it be if God had a phone number?)


2. Mary Tyler Moore (I remember watching the Dick Van Dyke Show and the Mary Tyler Moore show on Nick at Night. I might be from a different generation, but she effected me too!)


3. Zach Wants A Fish (spoiler alert, no place to put it)


4. Josh's Annual Physical (it's why married men live longer. Yes, you can be sick even if you don't go to the doctor.)


5. On To Curtains! (New kitchen and living room curtains. The house makeover is clearly in response to the garden restrictions from last year.)


6. Facebook Quizzes (Same quiz, 4 times. 3 times it said I will write a novel this year. Different dates but same result. So what would I write a novel on? Why novel instead of author? It's irony in it's purest form at the moment.)


7. Bathroom Walls (What most people seem to have on bathroom walls. I'm curious because with the shower steam you have to be careful.)


8. Puzzle Strategy (We started a 1,000 piece puzzle this week. It would be on different strategies to piecing together puzzles.)




Raise your hand if you are glad I didn't write any of these blog posts! I'm curious if anyone actually did raise their hand. I doubt there are many that would have been interested in any of those topics though. I know I am a quirky person. I know I see the world differently. But, some things really only make sense in my head.


I have some posts that have clearly spoken to a lot of people. Or the same people a lot of times. I've been trying all month to write a post like that. It shows. But, this is writer's block!


I don't know how or when I will shake the writer's block. I'm trying to find inspiration! There is one topic I know I would write a great blog post on. But, it's a part of me I will be keeping private. So that leaves a long list of not so inspiring topics.


I don't want the next post to be about me. I've talked enough about parenting and politics enough lately too. The best writers are fearless for a reason. Inspiration happens outside your comfort zone. With my severe anxiety the comfort zone is hard to leave.


Something tells me when this writer's block breaks, the post is going to be awesome! In the meantime, know that I'm trying to write something better then good and I hope this brought a smile to  your face. Perhaps that list brought a laugh or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment