Friday, December 30, 2016

Gallery Tour Time!!!





I was reluctant to do this post now. The final painting has arrived. But, AC Moore doesn't have a framing sale going yet. So it hangs unframed until they do. Without that frame, it's not complete. Not to my OCD mind. But, I am trying to fight that OCD. After all, it's not about the frames.







But, there is coordination to the frames too. Silver/pewter, gold, burl, and burgundy in each room. How they hang are a certain way too. I'll give you the titles of the paintings. Some might have a small comment. But, I'm not going to tell you what to see. That's what I see. What do you see?








One thing will be obvious, I'm short. Sorry for the imperfect pictures. I had to work around furniture and lighting in that space, and even a stool didn't help with some!






I left out one painting. Josh's sister had one made with ornaments spelling out our last name. For safety I am not showing that picture. I also left out the bathroom and Zach's room. The bathroom are all favorite Zach pictures. Zach has a lot in his room. I might do that in a different post later.








Most are from Thomas Kinkade. The "Painter of Light". Four of them are photographs behind glass. Due to glare, I just included copies from the internet. He died in April of 2012. I have a lot of cottages. He spent time traveling and most cottages were inspired in England.




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Kinkade


Some of the paintings are from Van Eyke. Ordered on Amazon. It's a Chinese company. HD Prints on canvas. Making them a lot cheaper then the real things. But a few are the real deal. Brushworks from the Thomas Kinkade galleries.


Van Eyke Painting Search


https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_89_2?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Athomas+kinkade%2Cp_89%3AVan+Eyck&keywords=thomas+kinkade&ie=UTF8&qid=1483247901&rnid=2528832011




https://thomaskinkade.com/





"Sunrise"


"Clock Tower Cottage"


"Bridge of Faith"


From Zach's first vacation. He was 2.

What I looked like when I was small. I talked about this in a previous post. by C. Manuel

This is the picture in the "Picture Deep" blog post.

"Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love"

"Sunday Evening Sleigh Ride"

"Cobblestone Bridge"

Conference Championship before they won SB 42. Before they beat the Patriots the first time :)! We got it at a cart at the local mall shortly after the win. I wish that cart was still there.

"Yankee Stadium"

A couple of paintings came from Wall26 on Amazon. A California company. Photographs printed on canvas. This one is the NYC skyline from the Hudson river, NJ's view. I'm not big on cityscapes but I like this one.

"Stillwater Cottage"




"Make A Wish Cottage"

"Emerald Isle Cottage"


 
"Victorian Autumn"




"End of a Perfect Day"



 "Beginning of a Perfect Day"










A landscape photograph taken by a friend.





"A Quiet Evening"




A different landscape photograph taken by a different friend.




"Evening Glow" note: odd place for lighting at the moment.




"Conquering the Storms" note: featured in the "Election Aftershock" post.




We painted for fun yesterday. Zach made me this rabbit.




"Autumn Lane"




I painted this. The ones we made are on doors in the hallway. Zach loves Christmas trees So I wanted to make him one.




"Home is Where the Heart is II"




The sunflower I painted.




Zach's school picture




The pumpkin Zach painted in October.




"The Garden of Prayer"




My mom painted this. I like the reminder that she has an artistic side




The vacation painting that started this all. I did a blog post on it. by H. Gailey




Degas I think it's called "Blue Dancers"




Our wedding picture. 12 years ago.




"Almost Heaven"




"Twilight Cottage" I purposely took it without the frame. It's the hold up.









"Living Waters" The first Kinkade I saw. Waiting for the interview. It's when I connected with Thomas Kinkade.





"Pathway to Paradise"




"Stairway to Paradise"




Bonus. It's the other Wall26 painting. It's in the hall we share with the neighbors. It's also the inspiration for the "Safe Topics" blog post.









No comments:

Post a Comment