Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful For The Little Things

I think most people are thankful for the big things in their lives. The top two being their family and/or their jobs. Some people are thankful for a good year for their sports team. Chicago Cubs fans are going to have a particularly thankful day today!!! Some are thankful for politics. Some are very NOT thankful for politics. Either way, when someone says "what are you thankful for?" the answer is usually over something big.

When I pray I thank God for all of the blessings in everyone's life. That includes the little things. A beautiful and sunny day that is just the right temperature. Your child's laughter. A favorite meal made just right. Anything that brings happiness big or small is a blessing to be thankful for.

Below is the list of little things I am thankful for. I encourage everyone to think of their own list. It makes life better. When times are rough, remember these things. It'll help you make it through.

1. A rabbit in the grass
2. Zach's still childlike laughter
3. Snuggling with Zach
4. My Mom's cooking
5. A kitchen table conversation with my Father
6. Josh's hugs
7. A perfect sunny day for a nice long walk (55 - 65 degrees please)
8. Everything around me being calm
9. Our artwork and photographs
10. A beautiful bloomed flower (yellow please)
11. On a sunny cool day in the fall driving through some trees as the leaves fall around us.
12. No garbage or recycling in the house
13. Everything neat and organized
14. Zach's smile
15. Zach's hugs
16. A Christmas lights tour at night (driving around seeing the decorated houses)
17. A slow day when everything is done and I can just do what I like until Zach's out of school
18. Family dinner
19. A good parking spot
20. A nice town to live in
21. Bulb sprouts in March
22. When the forsythia is blooming
23. Completing a crochet or knitting project
24. A favorite song I don't sound bad singing along to
25. My nightly glass of wine

I am grateful for my family, my faith and my home too. I like that everyone's list will be different. We all are different people with different life experiences. But, we all are blessed in ways big and small.


No comments:

Post a Comment