Sunday, January 31, 2016

Crochet and Knit Project Updates ( with PICTURES!!!)

Crocheting and Knitting are good for my OCD! A couple of posts ago I mentioned Josh letting me talk through my plan for winter and summer to mirror each other. That was the visor example. Now, the projects are underway or done. That means PICTURES!!!! I'll also post pictures of other projects I am working on or completed recently. What they are for will be under the pictures.

Crochet:

1. Blue, Green and Gold Ripple Afghan (in progress)
2. Purple Pattern and Yellow Ripple Lapghan (in progress but on hold)
3. Zach's Stripped Afghan (he sleeps with it every night) (Completed)
4. Josh's Granny Square Afghan (In Progress but on hold)
5. Black Shimmery Cowl (in Progress)
6. Cup Cozy and Coaster (Completed)

Completed: 2
In Progress: 2
In Progress but on Hold: 2

I've been planning this for a long time. I LOVE ripple Afghans and wanted to make one of my own. It's in progress, but will look beautiful when completed.

This is on hold. This was to practice making a ripple so the blanket above would look great!!! It will be much smaller when done but beautiful. I'll come back to this when the top blanket is complete. I might switch to this for the summer and put the other one on hold then. But, that's only if I'm still working on the other one come June.

Zach LOVES this blanket. He selected the colors when I had the yarn for the blue, green, and gold ripple blanket but hadn't started that blanket yet. I am definitely glad I made this for him first!

The square for Josh's blanket. There will be some squares in the dark green from this square. After the squares are made, I'll sew them together. This is on hold while I work on the black cowl. It's my travel crochet project . I can only crochet while waiting for Zach at school. The coat, steering wheel and door get in the way. But the heat is needed! It won't be long until I'm back to this blanket.

This Cowl will be 30" long when it's ready to sew the ends together and become a cowl. This is my spring/summer/fall cowl. I'm less likely to need a cowl then but it's good to have. Same goes for the sarong I mentioned in that other post. It's OCD at it's finest!

The Cup Cozy and Coaster for Zach's tutor. When the program is over in April we'll give this set to her. I needed something year-round friendly.


Knit:

1. February Cowl (Completed)
2. January cowl (in progress)
3. December cowl (planned but not started)
4. February Heavy Hat (completed)
5. December Heavy Hat (planned but not started)
6. January Heavy Hat (in progress)
7. hat 18 - 24 months (completed)
8. Triangle wrap (in progress but on hold)
9. Checkerboard Afghan (in progress but on hold)
10. Cowl for my Mom (Completed)
11. Headband for Zach's teacher (Completed)

Completed: 5
In Progress: 2
In Progress but on Hold: 2
Planned but not Started: 2



February cowl. Completed just in time!!!

January Cowl. It's going to be a while until completed. I need 150 rows and just finished row 14 today! It's hard to find a heavy hat match for it. So gray it is!!! That means January! But I have been admiring this yarn for months and am enjoying working with it. I never thought I would reach that place, but I did!


December cowl. It's hard to tell but the colors are mostly light pink, light purple, and gray. It looks great next to the dark blue heavy hat. It has to be really really cold for me to need a cowl. That means they only have to match the heavy hats. Franky, it went best with the silver for the December heavy hat. But, I love the Denim blue heavy hat yarn and the teal mix (above) didn't match it. The pink and purple remind me of advent. The denim blue reminds me of Hanukkah.

February heavy hat. Now I have everything made for February!



The yarn for the December heavy hat. It's called denim. Just like the yarn for the December cowl, it's actually lighter in person. All of the hats are made with Red Heart Infinity and all of the cowls are made with red Heart Unforgettable. They are all the colors I have wanted to work with. Red Heart in my favorite brand. All but one of the projects pictured are made with some sort of Red Heart yarn. The Orange Cup Cozy and Coaster in the crochet section are made from Lion's Brand (Vanna's Choice). It's nice. But I don't like it as much. When the hats and cowls are completed, I'll do a post with pictures of each set.

The January Heavy Hat. I like the challenge these hats created. There is a pattern to the rim. I like the variety. The cowls take a while but are easy to make.

I felt like making a baby hat. My Mom volunteers at a charity for babies through 2 year olds. This hat is 18 - 24 months in head size.


The very beginning to a triangle blanket. This is the Spitzbubans of knit projects for me! Refresher, the Spitzbubans are the special cookie recipe from Josh's Dad's side of the family. I had to wait until we were married for 10 years to get it. This pattern is based off of a pattern that has been in Josh's Mom's family for at least two generations. I only modified it a little. That pattern includes decorative holes. I'm not going to add those to this pattern. I'm also using some yarn Josh's Mom gave me. It was left over from the baby sweater she made Zach. It's on hold until the hats and cowls are completed. I feel really connected to her as I work on this. But this project will wait until the cowls and hats are completed!

One square from the grape and navy checkerboard blanket. It's on hold until the hats and cowls are completed. This is my travel knitting project. But the cowls travel well too. They are my priorities right now.

The cowl I just completed for my Mom. She does a lot for me and it's one way I can thank her.

The headband I made Zach's teacher for Christmas
 

I know I have a lot going. I like the variety. I tend to be in the mood to work on certain projects. I try to do a little from each of my home projects each day. When one is close to a key point, I focus on that one. Example, if I am three rows away from finishing one of the colors in an afghan, I work on that until the new color is started. If a project is close to being completed, I finish it.

There are more knit projects because they are smaller then the crochet projects I am working on. In general, I try to plan ahead to what I'll make next. In knitting you can see the two I have planned next. When the December hat is done, I'll work on the January. When the January cowl is done, I'll work on the December. After that, I go back to the triangle wrap. That will take a while. I'm too far away to plan another crochet project.

No comments:

Post a Comment