Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Classic Picture Day

Today was picture day at Zach's school. Stop me if any of the following reminds you of your own picture day:

1. At least one boy is wearing a tie
2. At least one cold girl who refuses to wear her sweater
3. Lining up in height order before the class picture
4. Being told to "say cheese"

Today Zach was the kid in a tie. Technically, he was one of two. His choice completely. I kept recommending a polo. I stayed for all of the 1 - 4 classes. I also held four sweaters in that time. None of them mine. In each class there also was the shortest kid. Always a girl. I had to be the one to keep asking her to move back to fit a taller kid in front. As one of the shortest, I can relate to the experience. Every time I heard "say cheese" I thought to my self "you might get more smiles if you say, 'say chocolate'".

'55, '85, '15.................it doesn't matter when  you have your class pictures taken. There is a good chance you experienced something very similar. I'd imagine the one modification being long ago ties were required for school. Hairstyles change and cloths change (for public schools) but there are some things that never change.

So to kids everywhere:

make love to the camera

Or, as I actually said to the kids,

SMILE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment