Thursday, July 30, 2015

Still Lost MH370

One thing about General Anxiety Disorder is you live in almost a constant state of worry. For me, that's always been about people and things missing for so long they are gone forever. Sometimes I'll read about a person or thing that just went missing within the past 48 hours and just know it or they will take a very long time to find. If ever!

One example of that is Malaysian Airlines flight MH370. It disappeared on March 8, 2014. Below is the blog post I did back then on this airplane disappearing.

http://homewithmommy-fran.blogspot.com/2014/03/malaysian-airplane-hide-and-seek.html

In it, I had some interesting theories. The first two were two versions of the same idea. On board were two men from Iran seeking asylum. One in Denmark one in Germany. The plane was heading to Beijing, China. But it was later discovered heading in the same direction as Iran. I doubt these two hijacked the plan. But it's possible it was hijacked by another passenger or a hacker with a computer.

I mentioned a Hawaii 5-0 episode with Nick Jonas. He talks about how when the military made GPS available to civilians, they didn't protect it the same way. That makes it possible to hijack a plane without the pilot's knowledge. The pilots never sounded like anything was out of place.

While it was from a TV show, it's an idea that made a lot of sense. It sounds like something that could really be true. That was a popular blog post for a while. Suddenly, I found four articles addressing the hacker hijacker idea. I hadn't seen that in any article before that. I had been reading any article I could find on MH370. It was, and still is, an obsession.

Why was it so important to address a hacker hijacker option? I suspect a government cover-up. They don't want it known it's not only a real thing. But that it was a possibility in this case. It would mean lawsuits, public pressure to spend the massive amount of money to bring GPS to full level military protection, and let hackers know this was a possibility.

Either way, that plane has been missing for too long without any clues. Until yesterday when debris was found on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean. It's not fully confirmed as being from flight MH370. But due to ocean currents, it most likely is. Article below:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/07/30/malaysia-says-almost-certain-debris-found-off-madagascar-is-from/21215815/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D8855423

They can track it's path through ocean currents but that will take a very long time. That plane, and the loved people on it, very well could be gone forever. But, I hope they can track it's path to a landing spot.

Even if the plane is found, we might never know what really happened. That bothers me. I hate not having answers. I'm sure there are many loved ones feeling the same way. It's frustrating not knowing what exactly happened. I feel that way with missing people too.

In this case, there is something the governments involved aren't telling us. I can sense it. I'm okay with that. Intelligence is only valuable if the other side doesn't know you have it. I have said before in other posts that I don't mind not knowing everything the government knows. Because it's not just made public to the good people. It can be used as a weapon by the bad. At minimum, it could make it a lot harder to catch the bad guys. They can't know what we know.

If the plane was hijacked, then there is probably a search for who did it. By not publicizing that theory, they can collect intelligence on it that the hacker and/or hijacker won't be suspicious of. If it was hijacked by a passenger they are probably dead. But they could have jumped out while the plane was going down. That is a possibility that can't be ignored.

They can't tell us everything they have learned. It's for the best. But, that doesn't make it less frustrating. I wish them luck in finding answers and catching who did it. Assuming he or she is still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment