Monday, May 18, 2015

No Salt Added Coupon Exchange

Lately, I have had two things I have been considering doing. The first is to put my recipes together to make a book called "No Salt Added". The second is to create a coupon exchange. I don't fully know yet how I would do these things. I'll let you know if I do.

I love to cook. My family loves it when I cook. I might not be professionally trained, but I'm still good at it. With my diet and blood pressure issues I have fine tuned a bunch of recipes that are still good, but don't include adding salt and pepper to them. Why not pepper? Because with my OCD I associate that the two MUST go together. When I look for recipes, almost all of them include salt and pepper.

My friend, Anie, wrote a book. I mentioned it in a previous blog post from about two years ago. She self published and gave me the website. Now, I struggle with the question.........."would I sell enough copies to make writing it worth it?" It's one of those questions I can't know until I take the chance to do it.

With high blood pressure being more common, I would imagine there would be some people that looked through it. A big seller might be that it was written by a Mom, not a chef. It's recipes designed to be quick and easy for busy families. Even if you don't cook much yourself, you should be able to make some of my recipes. I have seen a lot of recipes claiming to be some form of "weeknight easy". I find that isn't true. My recipes actually ARE weeknight easy. It's too good an idea to fully ignore.

Another idea is for a coupon exchange. I'm not talking about "Groupons". You know how when you have a store card sometimes you get coupons at the register? You might notice that most of them are for things you never or rarely use. In some cases, you use the item but not the quantity the coupon is for. It's time to exchange them.

You'd sign up for it, but it's free. All you would do is turn in coupons you won't use. You can choose  coupons turned in by other people for things you actually would use. Here's an example, I get a diaper coupon. I most certainly don't need that! So I turn it in. But, someone else has turned in a coupon for something I buy all of the time. So I can take that coupon because I have turned in my diapers coupon. There will most certainly be someone in need of that diaper coupon!

I would still need to work out the details. But, it sounds like something that would be nice to have! It's free to have a blog here on BlogSpot. I can set up a page through here. I just don't know how the actual exchanging would work! If I figure that out, I'll let you all know!

I don't know if they are good ideas or not. But they have been on my mind for a while. After six months of thinking about it, I thought it was time to share these ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment