Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Toilet Paper Challenge

Do you ever feel like you're the only one in your home that changes the toilet paper? This happens when everyone living in a home has a different definition of when it's low enough to be changed. So I decided to create a chart. I just wanted to track who changed the toilet paper and when. I just planned to get an idea of how often it gets changed and who changes it more. Two days later, I doubt it's going to show what was going on before. Thanks to an almost-six-year old.

I made the chart after Zach and Josh were in bed. We have one bathroom so even the double rolls only last a little more then a day. The first thing they both wanted to do Sunday night was move the "just in case" roll close to the toilet. Since the "in use" roll was still pretty full, I shot them both down. When it was time to move a new "just in case" roll over, Zach beat Josh to it. When he beat Josh to it this morning, Josh declared "this game is rigged!" So I added a star. A star is worth 1/2 a point and acknowledges when someone PLANNED to change it but was beaten to it.

It wasn't meant to be a game. But what we're all getting out of it is a better sense for when the "in use" roll is low enough to bring out a "just in case" roll. I haven't had to change it since that first time! I used to change is basically every day! So far, Zach hasn't asked what the prize will be for the winner or when the "game" will be over.

The "game" is over when we're ready for it to be over. When it's not fun anymore and we all have a similar definition for when to move the "just in case" roll over. As for the prize, I'll make the winner's favorite dinner. That might not count though. I do that anyway. I have to think of something! I'll crochet something for the winner!

It's an interesting experiment. It's also a basic truth. In most homes with multiple people, at least one person feels like they are the only one changing the toilet paper. Maybe companies should print a line on the bottom 1/2 inch to eliminate this debate. When you hit the line, be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment