Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Buried Boston, Dry California

One thing that is odd about my particular Anxiety Disorder is my anxieties for others. It doesn't even have to be something big. In the past ten years or so there has been a few spaces of land near me that had large houses built on them. When the economy was at it's worst, I was concerned about how their owners could afford them. That's just one example of many. I show a high level of anxiety over natural disasters.

That includes Bostonians and their sudden experience of what being in a snow globe must actually be like. It also includes California and it's devastating, so THAT's what was in that lake, drought! I can't imagine what living in these conditions are like!

I fear bringing groceries in on potentially icy sidewalks. Here in NJ we have had a couple of 6" or more snow storms but there has also been a lot of melting. I can't imagine what they are going through in New England!!! They got two feet of snow on Sunday alone! 24"!!! We are looking at about 12" in the middle of the grass! I doubt they can see out their windows! Where are they putting this snow?!?!?! How are people getting to work and school?!?!?! They are still expected to be at work and school, I can't imagine what road conditions must be like! February has meant a record snowiest of 58.5"! That's 5' 3"! That's MY height!!! On top of that has been extremely cold temperatures! I don't know how they are making it work up there but I share their anxiety for where to put it and staying safe while taking care of the necessities!

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/02/15/snow/2IO1E0ibEJ1PK1sC1wPAyO/story.html

California's drought has been going on for a very long time. It was declared on January 17, 2014! Over a year! WOW!!! It has reached extreme conditions! There has been some rainfall, but not enough to end the drought!  As a gardener I fear for the crops and the livelihoods of those who rely on the land. As a person, I am anxious over all of the steps necessary for conserving water and how that effects everyone's lives! Water is such a basic necessity. As someone who supports Law Enforcement I see the bright side. As cars are revealed in drying lakes, some cold cases might get solved!

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/drought/

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/cmb/sotc/drought/2015/01/20150203_usdm.png

http://earthjustice.org/features/the-california-drought?gclid=CPD_voie7MMCFQMT7Aod92UAvw#

One obvious solution could be to bring California New England's snow! I'm not sure HOW they could do it, but I really wish they could. It would help a lot of people! I am highly anxious thinking about what life must be like for anyone living in these conditions! Unfortunately, it's out of our control. We can't make it stop snowing in New England and start raining in California. All we can do is pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment