Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Zach's Birthday Countdown

Zach's birthday party is June 3rd. I've sent out the invitations and started planning. Here's the countdown. the things that are done are in orange the things in progress are in green (Zach's favorite colors):

8. Send Invitations
7. Collect RSVPs (so far two classmates are definite)
6. Plan the activities
5. Budget for party supplies
4. Order the start of the party supplies from Oriental Trading
3. Get the rest of the party supplies from a party store
2. Make the Pasta Salad
1. Greet guests

Oddly for me, the only decorations are going to be balloons.

We got Zach a robe and a lunch box with his initials on it for gifts. He was hear when they came though and is so excited he asks me to put his lunch in it for when he gets out of school. It matches his backpack and will be great for the pool over the summer. We agreed he could get that early but has to wait for the robe.


http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70705?feat=846-GN1
Royal Blue

Activities are going to be as followed:

1. If Josh's Dad is up to it, Magician (health)
2. Toys around the yard
3. Sidewalk chalk
4. A craft station to make crowns
5. My favorite: A beach ball pit (his blow up pool with small blow up beach balls from oriental trading that will double as party favors)

It's just going to be a backyard BBQ kinda thing with friends and family. Love is the most important thing and he'll get plenty of that. Josh's Mom has gotten into making specialty cakes like Buddy on Cake Boss and already knows what she'll make Zach. That will be nice along with a "Make Your Own Sundae" station. It's at my parent's house.

I've always been a birthday person. There are some family members (okay all of mine) who I celebrate their birthdays more enthusiastically then they do!!! All my dad ever wants from me is special strawberry shortcakes I make. My Mom's birthday present is I help her wrap her Christmas gifts. Long ago my brother decided we weren't exchanging gifts anymore (just the adults he has a cool gift for Zach, a trip to the Zoo with Aunt Sonny too!) I disagreed with that but went along anyway. Celebrating things like this is good for your health. Make a big deal of the joyful things, you'll live longer! I love celebrating things, hence why I love decorating day so much. It's creating things to celebrate. Zach's birthday means the most to me for obvious reasons. It's a new obsession that will consume me for the next month. I'll continue to be very excited about it and Zach will feel special.

No comments:

Post a Comment