Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter/Family

Easter

We were sick all week so sorry it took so long to talk about Easter. He's almost 3 so it was fun this year and harder to do. Leading up to Easter, Zach was with us when we got the plastic eggs and candy and took the baskets and grass out of the garage. It's an apartment so this is harder to do in secret. We told him we help the Easter bunny out but the Easter bunny will have a surprise for him after putting our baskets together. He was cool with that.

So we were out the night before Easter and out of the blue I hear "I want to see the Easter Bunny!" a lot. Luckily, we were driving home so I told Josh to find a real bunny in our yard and just tell him it's the Easter Bunny. Go figure the bunny would be right outside of Zach's bedroom window, in the same place he was when we brought my little bunny home for the hospital as a tiny baby. Rabbits are my favorite animal by far so I just love watching them and that was special for me both then and now. When the landscapers got rid of the old bunny hutch I got mad but apparently they found a new one. Zach is drawn to rabbits too. He was so excited because he "saw the Easter Bunny". We had a little money for me and Josh. Zach was supposed to get swimmies but got to them a month ago so I got him blue rabbit ears and a blue rabbit holding a carrot stuffed animal from the dollar store.

I have pink Rabbit ears that I wore when Zach woke up and he loved his basket. Last year, he got 3 m&ms and cheerios but this year he got a little more candy. He currently sleeps with the stuffed bunny. By dinner though, he was sick having caught Josh's cold (which I have now and yes it meant another unplanned doctor appointment when his fever hit 102.7. He has a double ear infection, his first ever and missed two days of school). He didn't eat much and mostly wanted to just sit on Uncle Hugh's lap. Uncle Hugh is proud to be his Godfather, a job he takes seriously, and loved that he was Zach's preference. Zach looked so cute in his tie too! Overall it was a fantastic day and he acted like a child should. I loved experiencing Easter from a parent of a young kid point of view. Halloween is going to be fun!!!

Family

This is Zach's current obsession. When he does art projects at my parents house he wants to do a snowman family with "Daddy, Mommy, and Zachary". The same is true for Rabbits and everything else. When he sees three things of different sizes, he thinks of them as "The big one is Daddy the middle one is Mommy and the little one is me". This was true about dandelions. We were walking in the park and started picking dandelions. He got so happy with his "dandelion family" that he kept repeating which dandelion is for which of us. I think he is learning about sizing in school and this helps him piece together a real life example he can relate to. He likes to draw his family in sidewalk chalk and determines who is who based on size, for example. It's a fun stage to watch and one of many reasons I am happy we are able to have him in school now. 





***Note: while there weren't pictures from Easter, I tried to take one today but he's waking up and cranky so I'll try to post an updated picture soon when it's a better time to take one. If I can get a good one. They are retaking his school picture because he kept crying so that isn't a promise but I'll try. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment