Friday, December 23, 2011

Pre-Christmas Adventure

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa!!! We have a busy weekend planned so I'll write about that in a few days:

"Oh what fun it is to ride in a ...... Hey, Mommy slow down!" Nope that's not the car. I have been so good at avoiding the mall but had a errand there so we went. I'll get to the speedy stroller part later.

Background: Zach likes his orange Lands End swim suit that I got out of emergency in September for swim class. Last weekend, they had a great sale online (if you hit the logo sometimes they have coupons you can use). Anyway, I decided to order orange and green since green is slowly becoming his favorite. Problem, after ordering the orange I went back to get the green but the tab had switch from Little Boys back to Boys. Meaning, he needed the 4 (little boy small) but got the 8 (big boy small). I reordered the right size and they gave me the free shipping and the sale price because I planned to return the one that was too big. So today we went to Sears to return the too big swimsuit.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/shorts~232306_1189.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TTU&CM_MERCH=IDX_Swimwear-_-Boys&origin=index

So we've left Sears and I had taken care of replacing a shirt too small for me (It was PM but I'm a Medium the color looked more purple online but in the store was exactly what I needed so I ordered it.) All proud at what we accomplished we walked all the way across the mall to Old Navy. I let Zach out to walk around a little but looked around too to see if there is something we need for him that I can get. I wanted to treat him to a pre-Christmas Mommy loves you gift. He found flip flops in the clearance section but they are all too small for him. So in his stroller we go all the way back to basically where Sears is and looked in the Children's Place and Payless. He wanted Payless and I know they sell dance shoes so I thought he'd get a kick out of tap shoes but they only had the girl shoes.

After we left payless we are heading in the direction of Old Navy again and I realize his taggie is missing. NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!! (see a previous post on the still lost taggie in JCPenny) I look in The Children's Place and Payless but nothing so I race across the mall (a big mall too) to Old Navy sure enough he dropped it at the sight of the flip flops! That would be the "Mommy, slow down!" part)

Exhausted but still wanting something small for my little Elf I got a Santa hat with his name sewn on. Then I hear it'll take half an hour! C'mon I just wanna get outta there but it's what Zach wanted and it was big enough to get multiple years use out of. At least after the taggie hunt he likes the hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment