Saturday, July 16, 2011

Basics

I'm a big fan of basics. Example: Josh and I have flip open cell phones instead of fancy smart phones. I still have my L.L. Bean backpack from the 6th grade. It doesn't have any rips in it, just a little ink stain at the bottom. I still use it all the time. As I mentioned earlier, for Zach's birthday we got him a blue preschool/kindergartner sized version of the same backpack. He's a kid of basics too and as much as he loves Elmo and Thomas, he prefers the backpack with his initials on it. Mine still has my maiden initials on it. Mine is the green one.


http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62855?feat=506219-GN2 (Original Junior Size: Zach)
($30.95 includes $6 monogramming and free shipping. Regularly $24.95)

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62856?feat=506219-GN2 (Original Size: mine)
($35.95 includes $6 monogramming free shipping regularly $29.95)

When I price checked backpacks even at places like target and Kmart they were the same prices as the monogrammed versions but I prefer the personalized ones, classic L.L. Bean. Mine is like 20 years old. His is a little smaller then mine but it's poofed up on the chair so it just looks the same size.

We needed a new beach/pool bag. The one we have has a hole in the bottom (small one) and one of the straps keeps falling off. Yesterday at the pool a parent had a classic basic L.L. Bean beach bag. I got jealous. When we got home I ordered this in extra large with a long strap. We carry a lot with us to the pool. It won't let me copy a picture so here is the link,

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/33381?feat=2-SR0

As you can see, it's basic. My cloths are basically solid colors with denim bottoms and my shoes are basic too. Josh and Zach's wardrobes are all basics as well. I try to avoid characters as much as possible. Basics are timeless. Other styles look great now but years later you look at pictures of them and wonder "what where we/they thinking?" That doesn't happen with basics. Remember the 80's?


No comments:

Post a Comment