Tuesday, February 12, 2019

OCD And .......... Ball Caps

Ah, OCD it can make something small into something big. Something that literally has been on my mind since June and exclusively on my mind for the last 36 hours. Like seriously. Josh said it's all I talked about in my sleep and he had to stop me from sleepwalking about it last night.

https://homewithmommy-fran.blogspot.com/2014/08/life-with-ocd-gad-and-pmdd.html

My caps need to be exactly 6" from the top to the bottom. It's like "Princess and the Pea" with me. I can feel if a hat is too short just by where it comes to my ears. I had one hat that was just a quarter inch shorter and it freaked me out!

So, I discovered the New Era 9twenty collection. They always come to the exact right spot on my ears. I have also narrowed it down to specifically the "tonal" hats. Where the writing is the same as the color of the cap itself.

https://www.neweracap.com/All-Headwear/9TWENTY/c/AHE9TW


This is a major part of the hats and wraps project. I have 6 hats and 6 wraps. 2 of each are monthly depending on the season.

Brimmed Hat and Visor - Monthly for summer. Seasonal for fall, winter, and spring
Ball Caps and Headbands - Monthly for fall and spring. Seasonal for winter and summer
Crocheted hats and Heavy Knit Hats - Monthly for winter. Seasonal for fall, spring and summer

1/2 sarong and sarong - Monthly for summer. Seasonal for fall, winter, and spring
Wrap and leg sarong - Monthly for fall and spring. Seasonal for winter and summer
Poncho and cowl - Monthly for winter. Seasonal for fall, spring and summer

Here is what I suspect the final version of the caps will be.

September - NY Yankee Pumpkin
October - NY Giants Cranberry
November - NJ State Coffee (pending explain later)
Winter - NY Yankee Navy
March - NJ State Green
April - NY Giants Pink (pending explain later)
May - NY Yankee Sunshine Yellow
Summer - NY Yankee Ocean Blue (Story later)

I have some other hats in this type. I have experimented with different colors and slowly this last part of the hats and wraps project is coming together. That's right, when this is done, I am good to go with these comfort objects. No worries. With the hats not used for this I am replacing hats used in other places that are too short.

I'll explain the NJ State hats. The summer monthly hats featured are visors because I almost always wear a pony tail in the summer. So, years ago I established the NJ State for June, NY Yankee for July and the NY Giants for August. When deciding on the monthly caps for fall and spring, I decided each season should also feature all three.

Only the Navy hat is the original choice for that month/season. Slowly, it's coming together and I get more and more excited. The September hat was originally beige. That is now in my car. I ordered it at the same time as the pumpkin. I didn't know which to use. The pumpkin hat was sent to the garage and I didn't know if I would see it again. Once I found it, I decided it was the better choice. I am definitely happy with my choice!

October was a rough month. The NFL was trying to make up for all the kneeling controversy by being extra patriotic this year. Meaning, very few color choices. Originally, I used a NY Giants version of the hat that now is summer. I struggled to find a decent fall name for it and it was moved to April. The cranberry hat is listed as "maroon" on neweracap.com.  I thought it was too wintery at first. It looked like the wine shirts for winter. Easy solution. I replaced the two wine colored shirts in winter with a new color and suddenly it was solidly a fall color.


https://www.neweracap.com/All-Headwear/9TWENTY/NEW-YORK-GIANTS-MAROON-CORE-CLASSIC-9TWENTY-ADJUSTABLE/p/11811699
NEW YORK GIANTS MAROON CORE CLASSIC 9TWENTY ADJUSTABLE 3 quarter left view October



When you have a cap personalized, you buy the artwork. Meaning, you can use it in multiple places and each additional thing is a lot cheaper. Once I got the art of the state of NJ, I was able to cheaply put it on any hat I wanted. I had two hats made originally. Pink with a green NJ for March and a stone gray with a brown NJ for November. Originally, I planned to make all of the spring hats pink but had trouble finding a NY Giants hat. But, now the same NJ on a green hat looks tonal like the store brought hats. I love it! So, I found a coffee brown hat and they are making it with the same brown NJ I originally used for November. It's going to look tonal and awesome!

 March


So, for a while, May was the only hard month. The yellow hat originally was summer. But, the shade of yellow was more pastel and it seemed better fitted for May. I tried a salmon colored hat for summer. That hat is now for watering the plants with a hose. That's when I got the NY Yankee version of the blue NY Giants hat I was using for April. It looks so much better for summer! No surprise. The color name on the website is "beach kiss blue". I should have listened!

https://www.neweracap.com/SPORTS/NEW-YORK-YANKEES-CORE-CLASSIC-TONAL-BEACH-KISS-BLUE-WOMENS-9TWENTY-ADJUSTABLE/p/80541430
NEW YORK YANKEES CORE CLASSIC TONAL BEACH KISS BLUE WOMENS 9TWENTY ADJUSTABLE 3 quarter left viewSummer Now

So, now we are back to what to do about April. NY Giants tend not to feature lighter colors. But, back in November, a customer service person at New Era told me that they sometimes sell hats at fanatics,.com (link below) that they don't have on the New Era website. Yesterday I found this bubble gum pink NY Giants hat! They didn't have it at New Era but they did have it at fanatics.com.

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/new-york-giants/new-york-giants-new-era-womens-preferred-pick-pink-9twenty-hat-pink/o-4627+t-57720135+p-79745007847+z-9-942600479

New York Giants New Era Women's Preferred Pick Pink 9TWENTY Hat - Pink

But, the obsessions don't end. Remember when I said I prefer tonal? This has a small white outline I hope doesn't bother me when it arrives. It also might be darker then this and not work for spring. Was it released for Valentine's Day or spring? That part I am more confident about. The customer service guy I talked to said this is 100% cotton. That is a lighter material that they wouldn't use for winter. Polyester is featured for the colder months.

This will probably be on my mind until it arrives. Instincts tell me it is going to be perfect. But, I won't know until it gets here. This is what makes Josh such a supportive husband. I can't stop myself from talking all of this out. He lovingly listens and shows me he was listening. That is the Valentine's Day gift I really need!

https://www.fanatics.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment