Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Ups and Downs

It's been a long time since my last blog post. I've been busy. Lately, it seems like I can't do basic things without an issue getting in the way. All these ups and downs have made me so stressed I am doing and saying things I shouldn't. What I call "mentally sick days". The reason I can't work.

A painting fell on Zach's head last Wednesday. It was low and close to the bed. The part his feet are supposed to be. But, he kicked it reaching for something. Luckily, it wasn't a concussion. But, his headache the next day meant he was home with mommy and no activity!

On Sunday I went to make burgers for dinner. It had to be super early because he had a travel team game. A moth flew out of our George Foreman grill. You can't use it until cleaned after that. At least we saw Josh when he delivered our pizza!

Sunday was a busy day for Zach. He went to throw something from his bed to a chair, and knocked the cord on the ceiling fan to wrap around the fan mechanism multiple times. I couldn't get it undone. But, my dad did fix it. Those cords have caused a lot of problems over the years. What Zach needs is a cordless one that works from the light switch.

These are only a few of the metaphorical fires I have had to put out on my own. There are a lot more. My dad may have helped with the fan, but he was a series of criticisms with every word while he was here. That counters the "supportive" part. What I need most right now is support.

The bottom line is I have been doing a lot on my own. I have to take care of these problems as they happen. In order to function properly I need time to relax and de-stress. I have had too little of that lately. It has made me nauseous, clumsy, exhausted even after 8 hours of sleep, forgetful, and moody. Sick, it has made me sick. Starting yesterday I didn't do some things I had planned on doing because I deemed it unsafe.

But, in the midst of all this chaos something big happened for Zach. On Saturday, he played catcher in his rec league game. For the first time. He did a good job. His travel coach was at the game and made him catcher on Sunday in the travel game. He looked comfortable in that position. He alternated with another kid in each game so it wasn't the full 6 innings.

The travel game was long after everything else that happened on Sunday. I was just so proud of him. I'm still struggling. But, watching him is when I started to calm down. He's so comfortable on the baseball field.

There haven't been any of these metaphorical "fires" since Sunday. Maybe I'll start to feel better soon. I hope Zach continues to be placed as one of the catchers. I'm so proud of him. I made sure he knew it. Life has ups and downs. But, too many at once are not easy to handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment