Wednesday, April 11, 2018

A Letter To God

I pray every day. I'm not a "kneel before bed" prayer. I usually pray when walking but, if not, I find time to pray anyway. I'm an Episcopalian and proud of it! Years ago when I hit my breaking point, I went to church on a Friday and talked with and hugged a deacon. When I need it most, someone from church pops up in my life away from church. God's reminder everything will be okay.

I have had a lot of big sources of frustration lately. Something I thought was taken care of in 2015 wasn't. But, after a lot of time and research I know it will be okay. There are other big frustrations too. On Monday afternoon we were at my parents house after school. I wanted Zach to get some fresh air before homework time. Someone from church showed up with a donation for a charity my mom volunteers for. We talked, we hugged, and the next morning we got good news on one of the problems.

I am going to share my prayers with you. Because I pray for all of you already. I don't know what you need, but we all need prayers. We all have struggles. We all have frustrations. We all need guidance sometimes. We all get blindsided by new big stressors sometimes. We all need help with life events.

So here is my letter to God for today. The "heart to heart" part changes each day. That's more targeted and as needed. But, it always is a mix of gratitude for blessings and more targeted prayers. I usually think it but sometimes I say it out loud.

God,

I pray for everyone in the world. Any prayer needed, I am praying it. I don't want to start listing things. I don't want to forget something. So I am praying any prayer needed.

Thank you for all the blessings in the world. There are many and we should all be grateful.

Heart to heart time.

I pray Josh has a good day today. We really could use a good tipping day. I pray Zach has a great day on his field trip. I pray he has a great practice tomorrow night as well. I pray I have a good day too. UPS screwed up my delivery yesterday. I pray they get everything right today. I pray my mom has a great day at NP today (the charity). I am grateful she is able to help so many people who badly need that lifeline! I pray for my dad's health. I pray he's feeling good today. I pray for my brother and his family. I love all of them and hope they stay close, happy, and healthy. I pray for patience. I get impatient when there are this many things that get this frustrating. I need help being patient. God, please help me stay calm, positive, and patient!

I want to thank you for the blessings in my life. Zach is the best blessing ever! I am grateful for the blessing of being in a great relationship. In July we will have been together for 20 years. Josh has been a gift I am grateful for. My entire family is a blessing. I am grateful for each of them. I am also grateful for living is such a wonderful town and knowing so many wonderful people. My home is also a blessing.

Thank you, Lord.
Amen.

For those of us who pray we all have our own prayers. We all do it our own way. None of us are wrong. It's a private moment between you and God. I do believe that God sends us signs sometimes. Reminders to trust him. That everything will be okay. So much that is happening is out of my control. I feel helpless. It's not just one thing. It's a few things. Piled on to each other. There isn't much I can do. But, I can pray and trust God.

Lord hear all of our prayers...............Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment