Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Always A Daddy's Girl

Today my father turns 70!!! I have always been close with both of my parents. But, there is no denying I have and always will be a daddy's girl. He prefers to be called "dad" now. I have long ago grew out of being a girl and into a woman. There isn't a good title for we are currently called. "Dad's woman" just sounds creepy!!! We simply will always have that special bond.

That's because we have a similar personality. A similar sense of humor. We see the world the same way. We both tend to observe the small mundane details that are often unnoticed. We understand each other when no one else does. We think alike

These are the things I love most about my father:

1. His hugs have always made me feel safe and secure. He's a tall man and I have always been small. I still have to look up to talk to him. There is nothing more soothing for anxiety then a hug that makes you feel safe and secure.

2. He's the smartest person I know.

3. He makes better eggs then any I have gotten any place else!

4. No one chops better then him! Machines and gadgets can't chop as good as him!

5. His gentle patience when teaching you something or watching a kid do something slowly (like when I was 2 and "helped" clean the windows when it was time to change them).

6. When I was little he used to sing to us when pushing my brother and me on the swings. :).

7. He's got some great life stories :)

8. Something we share..........an appreciation of nature. We can just sit outside together on a beautiful day and watch nature doing it's thing.

9. His thoughtfulness. I remember the Christmas he got my mom a hairbrush. She prefers a certain type of hairbrush. But, it has become very hard to find locally. He took the time and did the research to find just the right hairbrush for her. Because he knew it would make her happy. Women don't need flowers. Women need a husband like that. One that is tuned into her individual needs and meets them.

10. He has always made me feel loved.


70 is a big deal. I am lucky to have such a wonderful dad. My mom is lucky to have such a wonderful husband. Zach is lucky to have such a wonderful pop!!! We have all learned a lot from him. The years have given him wisdom, compassion, and appreciation.

I will always deeply love both of my parents. But, I will also always be a daddy's girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment