Tuesday, August 23, 2016

God's Answer (and More edit 8/26/16)

I came back from vacation earlier this month with a new painting...........and a new project. We had too much empty wall space. By hanging that painting, I found my birthday gift. I talked about it in the post "Finding Yourself". But now, my walls are mostly full. I ended up with three 5x7 Thomas Kinkade Brushworks and three 16x20 HD computer prints on canvas.

"Autumn Lane"
"the Garden of Prayer"
"Bridge of Faith"

Those are the 16x20s. Van Eyke sells these and many more (Amazon). They are beautiful. The are ready to hang but unframed. So I also ordered frames and framed them myself. "Autumn Lane" and "the Garden of Prayer" are the fall and spring paintings. I wanted something different over the computer. Bridges have a lot of positive meanings. "Bridge of Faith" seemed like the perfect choice.

Since I had never framed a painting before, I used the wrong screw and got a few holes in "Autumn Lane". I reordered it and a new frame. Zach has called dibs on this one. It's not going to match the Stars Wars and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles artwork in his room, but.............sure!

Autumn Lane

the Garden of Prayer

Bridge of Faith


"Evening Glow"
"Conquering the Storms"
"Yankee Stadium"

"Yankee Stadium" is for Josh. We finally took down our degrees, I moved a NY Giants painting we had to it's place. Under it, I put the "Yankee Stadium" for Josh. "Evening Glow" is the winter painting and "Conquering the Storms" is for summer. These are the 5x7s from Thomas Kinkade. They came framed.

Yankee Stadium

Evening Glow

Conquering the Storms


THEN there is the unplanned.

When "Bridge of Faith" arrived there were two surprise prints in the box. All the other's from Van Eyke came on a wood frame. These are just on canvas. But, they were clearly God's answer.

"Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love"
"Cobblestone Bridge"

Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love


Cobblestone Bridge 


Those pictures aren't the ones I got. Mine are being framed now. There is one wall left that is more empty then I want it to be. It does have something on it though. So I originally planned to leave it alone. These two are going in that place. The Degas poster currently there will be in our bedroom soon.

With "Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love" God is reminding us what it was like 18 years ago to fall in love. It arrived on the anniversary of when we first said "I love you". God is reminding me to celebrate our life together. Even though it's been so many years.

"Cobblestone Bridge" is about God's presence in the home. The cross and church are reminders that He is there for us. I haven't lost my faith since that day the line was crossed almost two years ago. But, I wish I understood why some things have to be how they are. This is God saying "'why' doesn't matter. Know that I am here for you always".

and More edit 8/26/2016

So the replacement "Autumn Lane" arrived today. Below is the print that was included this time. It's called "Sunday Evening Sleigh Ride". It's fitting. Josh and I love to either walk or take a long drive and talk on dates. We always have. Two paintings have churches in them. Two mirror our relationship. Two have flowers. The connection? They all take place in the evening and they all have bodies of water! I don't think God's message is in the evening. Water has a lot of symbolism. I don't know which ones are God's answer, but it's there. I am drawn to water in paintings. Water represent:

  • Life
  • Motion
  • Renewal
  • Blessing
  • Intuition
  • Reflection
  • Subconscious
  • Fertilization
  • Purification
  • Transformation

  • They each represent one of us. Zach is "Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love". But, not because he's a kid. When Josh and I kiss, he likes to sit on the floor and look up at us. That's how it's been since he could crawl and he still does it. Before then, he'd fuss until we moved the kiss to above him. Like the household characters in the painting, he likes to be a part of our private moments.

    Josh is "Sunday Evening Sleigh Ride". He likes things simple and predictable. He also only goes to church if I'm with him. I am "Cobblestone Bridge". I am the problem solver with a strong faith.

    Sunday Evening Sleigh Ride


    http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolism-of-water.html
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment