Friday, August 12, 2016

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee!!!

I admit to being one of those people that treats reading facebook like people used to treat reading the morning newspaper. Every morning there is at least one coffee related graphic. Almost all of them are funny.

Most Americans drink coffee in the morning. This isn't something I need a chart to prove. Saying "there's a Starbucks on every corner" is almost literal in some areas! That doesn't even mention all the other places people get coffee in the morning. Fast places like Dunkin Doughnuts and McDonalds are big. Diners and other restaurants too. Making coffee at home has so many options. So many flavors. You can use a percolator, coffee pot, or a Keurig. There even is the Coffee Ninja to make your own coffee, iced coffee, and cappuccino!

Coffee is one of the few things almost all American adults agree on. You might disagree with someone about politics, social issues, religion, and science. But, there is a strong chance you both like to drink coffee. Even if it's a different blend or one person is drinking decaf and the other isn't. There is a very strong chance you both like coffee.

I don't drink coffee. I used too. With my GERD I had to switch to decaf. I can't have that much caffeine in a day. I get mine at lunch and in the afternoon. But, that's not why I don't drink coffee anymore. I don't like it too hot. So often it has to cool for about 15 - 20 minutes before I can sip it. I decided to drink orange juice instead and sleep that extra 15 minutes.

We need more things like coffee. It's hard to find topics you can talk about with someone who you almost completely disagree with on all the major topics. Coffee is a safe topic in most of these situations. My personal favorite is Maxwell House French Roast. Even the decaf is really yummy. I might not drink it anymore, but I remember what my favorite is! That's coffee!!!





 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment