Thursday, May 05, 2016

You're Gonna Laugh

So yesterday I got my first tablet. It's a Mother's Day gift from my parents. A Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Between that and Windows 10 I am discovering great things. All of which you probably discovered many years ago. So I thought I'd share my recent discoveries. I know they are old news to you. But they are brand new to me. And THAT'S why I know you are going to laugh. Because the thought that encompasses all is:

"Ummmm, DUH! That's old news!!!"

So here are some obvious observations you made long ago and will probably laugh at me for now:


1. I finally understand the Candy Crush addiction and it literally took one minute to get me hooked. But that's not surprising. My favorite game on Nintendo in the '80s was Tetris

2. I downloaded Tetris on my tablet and it's still awesome!!! It's perfect for my OCD!!!

3. So you might remember me mentioning an interest in other languages. In a blog post from last year when Zach finished kindergarten I mentioned EZ Language for the computer. I recently discovered cool free apps for a bunch of languages and am addicted.

4. I actually know what an app is now. I didn't get it before.

5. Wi-Fi is hard to find. As badly as I need a GPS for my car, there isn't Wi-Fi in my 2006 Focus. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

6. Loving that you can download apps from the computer google account to your tablet. It's a smart feature.

7. If you save your credit card it can get expensive easily. Luckily, I didn't save my credit card!!!

8. Checking email in a store ................ never done that before ............................ interesting!!!! Can't wait to not need to print out the Kohl's coupon in order to use it :)!!!!

9. Wait..................I don't need printed coupons in stores anymore!!! YES!!!!

10. Wait, I can download Shop Rite coupons in the store!!! That's going to be so much easier!!!

11.  I'm glad some of the language apps don't require Wi-Fi

12. Yes, I downloaded the flashlight

13. Yes, I downloaded skype. Don't know who to call and we don't have a webcam at home. Somehow, I know I'll use it.

14. I want to take a picture of Zach for the sign on screen. However, I'll have to be careful where I swipe my finger to get to the home screen. Don't want to electronically wipe his nose that often.

15. Found an old picture of Zach. It's okay I'll just be electronically tickling his belly button when I swipe :)!!!

12/28/2010


16. There are a lot of apps for a large variety of needs!!!

17. Finally!!! I can have my actual calendar with me!!! It makes scheduling stuff a lot easier!!!

18. It's become a lot easier to know the weather at all times! Since that's a long-term obsession.......I'm enjoying that.

19. A kids tablet home page looks very different from an adult's (My Mom got Zach a tablet a few weeks ago)

20. Technology is addicting. We've never had this much technology. I get it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment