Friday, June 26, 2015

When Life Gives You Lemons...........................

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade..................
What happens if you can't afford the glass?

That thought popped into my head this afternoon. That made me think about other proverbs. A lot of proverbs don't make sense to me. I'm just too literal. I hope my observations make you laugh! Just like the one above, the proverb is the top line and my observations are on the bottom. Just some food for thought. But remember, I don't cook with salt.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.........
Isn't that called two smaller chains?

Actions speak louder then words...................
How do you yell actions?

Better late then never...............
that depends on who or what is late

Curiosity killed the cat...............
Dude! What'd he SEE?!?!?!

Do as I say, not as I do................
The best teachers practice what they preach.

Do not look a gift horse in the mouth................
But that's what's at my eye level!

Give a man rope enough and he will hang himself...............
OR climb a tree.

Good things come to those who wait..............
Why does this make me feel like I'm in time out right now?

One man's meat is another man's poison.............
Shout out to the Vegetarian and Vegan readers

Out of sight, out of mind....................
not in MY head!

Practice makes perfect................
PERFECT practice makes perfect! You won't get right what you practice wrong!

Put your money where your mouth is.............
Does it taste like Chicken?

The customer is always right....................
Unless they read the sign wrong :)!

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence........................
Only if your neighbor takes better care of their lawn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_proverbial_phrases

I probably make a great drinking game.

No comments:

Post a Comment