Wednesday, July 23, 2014

You Look Great!

I haven't taken a walk for exercise in a couple of months. Yet I am down to 136 lbs. In March I was 143 lbs. I still have a long way to under 125 lbs. but people have started to notice I am loosing weight. I even fit into my bikinis! Ironic since last month I got a couple of bathing suits a size bigger then I was just in case I needed it.

When someone has luck with a diet, those dieting wonder what worked so they can try it. For me, I take 2 hours plus to water every day. That also includes a lot of walking during that time. I cook dinner most of the time and my meals are lower in sodium. I am loosing some of that "sodium belly". But those meals are quick to make.

In the Fall I can walk more again. The grass and perennials only need to be watered daily if above 80 and no rain or 5 days of no rain if 50 - 80 degrees. Come the Fall, I won't need to water this much. It will also be more comfortable to take walks anyway.

I never know what to make when someone says I look great because I clearly lost weight. Maybe it's a layover from that 9 year long eating disorder. It ended 12 years ago but the mind never changes. I want to take it as the compliment it's meant to be but when I look in the mirror, I still think I'm fat. However, I see and feel a difference too.

It's funny, last Winter I was worried about how I would get exercise in the Summer. But this year my garden at home is double the size it used to be. It takes at least 12 trips with a gallon watering can each day. I have two and fill one while watering with the other and switch. My Dad's grass has never looked this healthy. I have a thorough method of watering there but it takes a while. Somehow, I found my hot weather exercise.

How will I continue to loose weight in the Winter? I don't know. Maybe something will just fall into place like it did for Summer. For now, I am appreciating the compliments and using it as motivation to continue my positive habits.

I'm sure there are a lot of people dieting that can relate to this. It's easier to continue these positive habits when you feel they are working. But we aren't the best judges of our own progress. So others noticing weight loss makes a difference.

Everyone finds something that works for them but won't necessarily work for someone else. We all want to share what works for us. The only advice I can give is to try to find something that fits your lifestyle. You'll never go to that gym if it's not near a place you go to all the time. You'll never eat healthy if you aren't finding meals you love that are like what you eat already and healthy. People are creatures of habits. Diets only work when you modify your lifestyle not change it completely. That's why we binge after a juice fast.

What foods do you like to eat? Can you make a healthy version that's not too different then what you have now? What exercise would realistically fit into your life and when? That might mean walking to nearby stores for errands instead of driving. It's the same thing you need to do anyway but in a healthy way. Can you really give that food up? If not, how can you make sure you have a smaller quantity at special times. So you don't feel deprived. Because there are some things you'll never be able to give up. But most things you should minimize.

You look great! Thanks. Everyone needs to hear that sometimes. But I don't know if you mean it or not. Part of me knows you would only say it if you meant it. But another part of me will never believe that I can look great or pretty. It's not about what the scale says with me. What I see in the mirror, isn't what you are seeing. But a lot of people have said it lately. It makes me feel good every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment