Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Garden Pictures

 After the seasonal depression I got last year I decided to take pictures of my garden throughout the year. I missed seeing my garden so this seemed like it would help. I got the idea from Zach's binder. I take pictures of his garden sometimes for his binder so he can look at how it has changed and see favorite flowers long after they are gone. A few days ago I also took pictures of the garden at my parent's house since I work so hard on that to. Today is my birthday and one of the things I do was one of my favorite things to do, plant flowers. In this case it was white and pink Daffodil bulbs. They bloom early and my half birthday is St. Patrick's Day so I might have the flowers for my half birthday that I planted on my actual birthday. That would be pretty cool if it happens. I decided to share the pictures of our gardens because I talk about gardening so much it just seems like I should.

 
 
Zach's Garden

Daisies, Pansies, Celeosus, Verbenias and Begonias in the back from May 20th

 
  
 
Today: Mums, Marigolds. Red Begonias, Black - Eyed - Susans, Asters (Purple and White), Red Mums, Peach Mums and Asters
 
 
My Mom's Garden
 
Front Steps: Top to bottom, Mums, Marigolds and Begonias

Some of the Marigolds in the Driveway

Along the patio in the back yard.
The Ornamental Peppers I always give them for their Anniversary

The first Marigolds

The Mums Zach Got them for their Anniversary

Marigolds by the grill
My Black - Eyed - Susan and Daisies in my Pots at their house by the garage

My other pot by their garage. Soon the Black - Eyed - Susans will die and will be replaced with Mums

Zach's Petunias. Mom gave him a small section at the end of her garden

From Left to right: Zach's Petunias, Parsley, Basil, and Begonias

My Marigolds. They are by the fence but will be replaced by a Perennial Black - Eyed - Susan "Goldstrum" next year
 
My Garden
 
Planned Garden. Layout Fall 3

By my neighbor. I will be planting Stella D' Oro Daylilies where the Yellow Mums are


Older Asters. By my neighbor's They are just filler. I planted some bulbs over there today.

 
 
This is from Today.

 

Purple Asters and Pink Mums. The Asters are one of my birthday gifts.
This is from July. They aren't bloomed at the moment. You really buy Perennials for their foliage. The purple flowers are the Hostas and the yellow is the 'Stella D'Oro' Daylily I talk about so much.


 
 
 
This is the perennials today. The daylilies behind the shrub are a birthday gift from a neighbor. I have been helping her with her gardening needs and she wanted to thank me. She knows they are my favorite. If you look closely at the Hosta in the front row next to the daylily you can see a new bud. It will rebloom soon
 
This is the Black - Eyed - Susan when it was planted on August 6th



This is the Black - Eyed - Susan from today. It's towards the end of the season


 
This is my "Gotta have it" section. It's an old picture.
 
This is from today. I planted the Aster (purple flower in back) yesterday. The white Mums (unbloomed) are in the picture above with the row of yellow Mums that are marking the place where the stella d'oros are going to go next year. Mum tip: They only have one bloom so if you get them basically unbloomed you have them longer. The trick is to choose one with at least a few buds open enough to see what color the plant actually is going to be, assume there is no tag or a generic tag.


These are my birthday flowers. They were a surprise gift from my little sprout. They are Asters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment