Friday, February 03, 2012

This Wasn't Supposed To Happen Until He Is 8!!!

Kohls finally got in a few things we needed for Zach so we took a family trip last night. We needed socks, sleep shorts, Boys 5/6 Short Sleeve Shirts, and a Boys 5/6 Rain Jacket. He's still in 3T bottoms and boys 4 tops but I like to be prepared because you never know the day the 4's won't fit over his head. They always look long when he's in a new size. It's the head, if it hurts to get on, it's too small. They had two choices of the Rain Jacket Zach likes so I let him choose the color (Navy with an orange strip, Oshkosh). Socks I realized he should be wearing now. They are just the basic Hanes crew socks (now medium) just like Daddy's (his favorite part about them).

With the short sleeve shirts I was going to let him choose but the only ones on his level weren't a great pattern. I usually go for solids or basic stripes with him but he's at an age for graphics so I decided I could handle non-offensive sports related graphic shirts. There were a bunch of them on a good sale (Jumping Bean) so we got 6. Zach kept wanting to hold them so they have his approval.

Now the real problem, the size 4 sleep shorts. We needed 3. Here's my plan. He's in PJ sets now but when he needs size 5 tops I got him some hanes basic solid ones (in colors) and he'll wear them with his sleep shorts. I have lazy pants for him (and have all his life) but he hasn't worn them since he was a baby so I figured he's old enough now to do the "Big Boy" thing of comfy shirt with lounge pants, like Daddy. I almost never see a pattern I like and we need three. This is what we ended up with, lego star wars (wanted to avoid star wars but he loves legos so okay), Super Mario Brothers (I played it as a kid, he can have it), and the one I hated the most but it's the only other one they had in his size and it's the one he vocally requested; Angry Birds.

That wasn't supposed to happen until he was 8, wanting the thing that's cool that Mommy doesn't like oe even know what it is. I have no idea what they hell they are but I do know I don't want my son to associate "cool" and "angry" together. I know Angry Birds are everywhere I just don't know what they are. Maybe a game of some sort. He must of heard it at school. He saw one Angry Bird toy at JC Penny before he started school but never mentioned Angry Birds until he started school. I thought kids had to be older for that stuff to happen? He's a happy kid and to him he knows the difference between Angry Birds and real birds. Either way the first thing he did when I took them out of the wash was put them on this morning (they are for 4/5 so they are definitely big).

No comments:

Post a Comment