Saturday, July 13, 2024

My Idea for Solving the Democratic Party's Problem

 I look at the current situation in the democratic party and can't help but think that this can be solved just like I solved my lawn problem. For that to make sense, both are going to need some back story. In the end, I know how we can dig ourselves out of this political mess. 

Democratic recap:

In June, President Biden debated Convict Trump. Convict Trump lied, blustered, dodge questions, and complained without evidence like a 3-year-old in need of a nap. President Biden was knowledgeable in his answers. But he was also forgetful, lost his train of thought, and confused at times. Ever since, Trump has done better in the polls and Biden is being asked to step aside so someone else can be nominated at the convention in August. 

Lawn recap:

Over the winter I had decided on a few minor changes I wanted to make to the landscape on the property. We are a corner house with the front lawn on a busy street. The property seen by most of the town so, it has to look good. I now have my big 4 favorites:

Favorite Annuals: Mums/Marigolds tied

Favorite Perennial: 'Bight Sunset' Daylily (tall orange ones)

Favorite Shrub: Forsythia

Favorite Tree: Yellow Maple

More grass seed was laid down then expected so we decide we needed an irrigation system. It takes over 2 hours with a normal sprinkler (2 running at the same time front and back). We don't have that kind of time. That was installed this week and I love it!

But our front lawn had an Ash tree that was dying through that insect infestation that has been killing Ashes. All I had planned for the front was a garden bed around that tree but, it had to be taken down. So, we are talking a full yard remodel. 

We had a good plan but, something was missing. I had several ideas but, my mind kept changing. None of it seemed to work right. So, I went across the street and visualized how the complete picture would look. We had decided to put in an 'October Glory' orange maple in the front. Those are the "shut me up" maples. When there is a row of them, I lose my train of thought in the fall because I can't stop looking at them. Another maple tree that is shorter will go on the other side and we have Adirondack chairs and a flowerpot for the middle. It needed more. After all of those ideas (including a wishing well) I landed on two andromeda flower beds, one in front of each tree. By stepping back and seeing the full picture envisioning it now and 20 years from now, I found a great solution! I can't wait for the late-October and early-November fall beauty about to unfold! Complete with pumpkins in front of the flowerpot! 

That's what the party needs to do. Step back and just look at the complete big picture envisioning the future. Biden isn't dropping out because we don't know who will be on the ticket if he does. VP Harris is a good start. But who would be her VP? If we give him the names of who would be on the ticket, we might get him to drop out. 

But that's the problem. We don't have confirmed names. We don't have Gretchen Whitmer as President with a named VP. This is why we are still in limbo. We are a mess right now. We need to get our collective heads back on strait, put aside egos, and unite around a real solution. Kamala Harris for President with Sec. Pete Buttigieg as VP is probably the best ticket. 

This isn't a lost race. Trump has not won the election. We can still win this. I think a Harris/Buttigieg ticket could very well change things for us. But we need to make it clear to President Biden that this is our best chance for November. 

I think he will step aside if given a real "this is the ticket" alternative instead of the long wish list floating now. We also need to get Harris and Buttigieg to agree. This is how we solve the mess of a problem we have going right now. I did get a text poll asking me if I support Harris as the president to replace Biden this morning. This tells me his campaign is sending out feelers. Perhaps Biden is not against stepping aside, if he can support the alternative. His two heirs apparent should suffice. Harris/Buttigieg, now THAT can save the country from a tyrant dictator!

No comments:

Post a Comment